X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new toys

Just picked up. Some used. Cameras and locator. Amicro , mini , and scout They are in great shape I am figuring them out. Like a kid at christmas.

Re: new toys

Originally posted by pipe doc View Post
    Just picked up. Some used. Cameras and locator. Amicro , mini , and scout They are in great shape I am figuring them out. Like a kid at christmas.

I'm jealous..I can't even afford used right now
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
      Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ridgid-67307-See...item43a6308ae3

I might be able to afford this ..What could you do with a 10' cable ..Wonder if it even has a sonde for locating
        Last edited by OLD1; 04-05-2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

https://www.ridgidforum.com/filedata...es/biggrin.gif
          Attached Files

Comment

I have rented a camera for years from salt lake 70 miles round trip. with fuel at $4.00 it's time. it was $4800.00 for the set

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ridgid-67307-See...item43a6308ae3

I might be able to afford this ..What could you do with a 10' cable ..Wonder if it even has a sonde for locating
              that's the 10' innerconnect cable from the seesnake reel to the monitor.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                that's the 10' innerconnect cable from the seesnake reel to the monitor.

rick.
                Thought I read that..wasn't sure though

Comment

Originally posted by pipe doc View Post
                  I have rented a camera for years from salt lake 70 miles round trip. with fuel at $4.00 it's time. it was $4800.00 for the set
                  Nice buy that mini was quoted to me at 4800.00 alone

Comment

I have never personally used a camera. I have seen one used and know a bit about them but was looking into purchasing one. Is there a place I can go and find reviews on different ones to see which people like best? Which ones have you all had good/bad luck with? Quite a big expense to go in blindly. Thanks.
                    Spokane Heating - Spokane Air Conditioning

Comment

steve, stick with the ridgid line of seesnakes.

if you give us an idea of your access, distance, pipe size and distance along with budget,we can steer you to the right camera and monitor along with receiver.

but figure any were from $3,500. -10,000. for a complete system.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

I would be nervous about buying any used camera equipment. I would always wonder how well it was taken care of by the previous owner, AND why he was selling it in the first place.

When I'm ready...you guys will be the first to help me make my choice.

Comment

I wouldn't want to spend $10,000 but I don't want a cheapo either. I want the best bang for my buck. Don't we all? I didn't even think about what Flux brought up as a "used" one. Good point.
                          Spokane Heating - Spokane Air Conditioning

Comment

Well lets look at a used one and see what can go wrong, first the camera head B/W cost less than color a rebuilt color head is about $1000 dollars so take that into account. A new complete push rod cost a lot also but unless it has become 70 ft or less you usually just have the bad section cut out and repaired called a reterm, cost very by region usually $300-$450. The monitors can also go bad but if it's just the video there are many options like laptops or hand help micro explorers or digial recording devices. Also All the mini and fullsize reels that have a counter on them store how many feet the camera has been used on. Just ask the seller to tell you the miles if you will like an odometer. Don't be scared of a used system be scared of an abused system. Just looking at the appearance of the unit tells a lot about it in most cases. I myself have bought over 8 used systems and have not had any real bad repairs that broke the bank or the deal.
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

The major drawback of buying used equipment from camera dealers is that you have no idea on the mechanical state or the repair history of the equipment. Their charge for the equipment is by physical composition, but that can be misleading. A camera which is said to be in mint condition does not automatically suggest that it is in top mechanical condition. Some routine maintenance might have been made, or there may be times it is not working properly.

Warranties are always offered by camera dealers. However, once the equipment that you bought from them requires to be serviced, have you got any idea who does their repairs? In some cases, they are not qualified technicians, and a lot of them do not have the proper factory tools, training or experience.
                              A good flush beats a full house every time

The Pros at Leak Point Leak detection San Diego can provide you with the easiest and most cost effective solutions available to help you protect your home and family through Leak detection.

Comment

Working...
                              X