Estimate: camera of sewer lines on property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estimate: camera of sewer lines on property

Hi I got a call to estimate for a condo association.

they say they have 35 lines that run 200 ft each.

They want all lines camera inspected and a report back
    on the conditions and probably all the problem areas (bellys, roots, cracks etc..)

I have never bid on something like this but whenever I take my camera
    out to inspect a drain at a residential its a $250 fee for a job that would be under an hour. I dont charge per feet.

My best guess would be that I charge hourly, say $250 the first hour and $150 each hour after that?????

or should I say $250 for the first line and $150 for the other 34 lines?
    = $5100

Re: Estimate: camera of sewer lines on property

You don't know what you are going to find or how long it is going to take to locate and document. I would charge $XXX for your equipment and then $XXX dollars per hour for your labor.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

thanks for the reply,

is camera inspection something that only a license plumber can perform?
      Im not a licensed plumber but draincleaning does not require one in hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by dhdc View Post
        thanks for the reply,

is camera inspection something that only a license plumber can perform?
        Im not a licensed plumber but draincleaning does not require one in hawaii.
        It's seems if they let you run a cable down the drain they should allow you to run a camera.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Here we don't need a license to camera sewers..Although most are done by drain cleaners (licensed ..maybe they are maybe they aren't)..I would probably charge also for the equipment and x amount for the time to do it..You don't know what kind of access you are going to have for each and every one ..Are you going to have to pull toilets for each one ..Are there cleanoutouts for each one ..etc..
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I would charge whatever hourly rate you are good with. probably make a video of each line( extra charge to make video). Document every thing( low spots,ground water infiltration, offsets, cracks, breaks, dirt, sludge, roots, etc.). charge the same hourly rate to write the reports. Offer solutions to their problems on a good (cable the line) Better (cable the line and sell them drain maint. ) Best ( line replacement) basis. If you going to have to cut in any cleanouts and you farm that out you have to at a minimum include your overhead and a % of that bill for profit.
            Last edited by plumberinlaw; 04-14-2011, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X