Locating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locating

I have the navi trac scout that I use for my sewer camera. But lately I have had a few jobs where I needed to loacate a water line. Is there some sort of toner I could hook to a fish tape and run it up a water line to locate it. Nothing fancy just something inexspensive and reliable.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: Locating

You can put a transmitter on the fish tape. Or if the actual line is metallic, on it. I'm not sure how a fish tape would work "returning to ground". In short, giving a readable signal to the receiver (NaviTrack).

Ridgid/Seektech make transmitters. Other companies as well. The frequency must match each other.

Example: If your scout can receive a 10Mhz signal, the transmitter should have a setting for 10Mhz also. Make sense?

J.C.

Comment

So will the brick work with scout
      Mike
      Clark County Plumbing And Drain
      www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
        So will the brick work with scout
        Yes but if it's a metalic pipe you do not need a fish tape.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I located a 1" pvc water line about 75' long with a fish tape and my cable hound. It's a locater I use to hunt down irrigation valves. Fortunately it was a straight run. I don't know the efficacy of fish tape if there were turns. And as J.C. noted the ground is an issue. I got a really good tone on that one but others haven't been so good.
          Originally posted by haycad View Post
          I have the navi trac scout that I use for my sewer camera. But lately I have had a few jobs where I needed to loacate a water line. Is there some sort of toner I could hook to a fish tape and run it up a water line to locate it. Nothing fancy just something inexspensive and reliable.
          Thanks
          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I traced an empty 1.25 PVC line that was buried in the same ditch as one of the distribution lines in Utah. I was limited to 325' because that was the longest fish tape I could fine. I refused to have the water company adopt the line to the subdivision because they did not run a tracer line.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
            X