cs 10 demo; I'm sold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs 10 demo; I'm sold

Bill Miller and Pete (who's last name I didn't get) were at my shop this am to show me the cs10.

It's a winner.

Basically a cheaper cs1000 w/o some features that I wouldn't use anyway; perfect for me. I could pick a few nits but mostly they are small enough and personal-to-me enough that I won't bother.

One big complaint is no footage readout or time/date stamp on the recorded video. Posted about this in the LT forum a while ago but no reply. Is this inherent to this design, or is there a way to change some settings so that shows on the video?

I'm now looking at where I can get them and for how much $. Once again AJ Coleman is the front runner on price, though they don't have them in stock yet (thanks again for turning us all on to Mavin and crew Ratz). They expect them in a week or so.

update; may get them from salt lake roadshow event at Ferguson that Bill and Pete were on their way to; roadshow pricing/voucher goodies available.

Yes, it can be done cheaper a number of ways. But I'm just over futzing with homemade rigged solutions. This is simple, clean, compact, and does exactly what I want. I'm ordering two.

For the cash strapped among you who can't go there yet but want something, I'll have two rode hard and put away wet (but still functional) color video toolcases for sale once the cs10's arrive. Recording on these is kind of a pain, but it can be done. That's the only reason for my change to cs 10's. They work great as monitors, run full size, mini, micro reel, micro drain, power the sonde, etc.

I'm thinking $1500 apiece (no reels; monitor only) for these. One had a working vcr at last look, one didn't, I'll include either my archos dvr (which I never really worked the kinks out of, though I've got it to work) or my little camcorder (which works pretty good) with either for an extra benjy, but I'm keeping one of the recorders for my backup monitor so only one or the other available 'til one goes. Any/all please comment if you think I'm crazy on price either way, and pm me if you want one. They are still on the vans working until the cs10's get here and we get comfortable with them, so it'd be maybe a month before I can ship them.

If no one wants to 'buy it now' they'll go on ebay, so you can take your chances there if you think they'll go cheaper. I'll post a link if/when that happens.

Alex
    Last edited by Ace Sewer; 05-16-2011, 06:16 PM.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: cs 10 demo; I'm sold

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
    One big complaint is no footage readout or time/date stamp on the recorded video. Posted about this in the LT forum a while ago but no reply. Is this inherent to this design, or is there a way to change some settings so that shows on the video?
    When you start up the CS10 it automatically turns the CountPlus time/date/distance readings OFF. You can either:
    -- Turn these on manually on an as-needed basis at the CountPlus, or
    -- Change this in the settings menu (see attached images)

Name:  311a702e8c0b0af647a96be07cb27a2d.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  43.7 KB
    Name:  84bfbc96a70b0b085d4ad031e4921554.jpg
Size:  43.7 KB
    Name:  2543455ecb0d540600308b8dcc619891.jpg
Size:  51.3 KB

Comment

Re: cs 10 demo; I'm sold

...clicks 'Thanks!' button...
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
      X