Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dim lighting on seesnakes related to count plus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dim lighting on seesnakes related to count plus?

Have a similar issue to that of asstyme with his micro reel/explorer combo, but with different equipment. The only thing in common is count plus, and I wonder if that is the culprit.

I had not noticed the problem until I was testing some reels side by side. I had a mini reel with count plus plugged into a cs10 monitor, and was showing an employee how to use the new cs10. He was off to do a recording job, and I commented that he should take the count plus reel as the one on his van needs some slipring attn, and he'd make a better recording with the reel that didn't fritz in and out as it turned. He commented 'yeah, but that one is so dim.'

I was surprised as I use the countplus one daily, and hadn't noticed a problem. I guess I'd just got used to it as we then tested them side by side. The countplus reel starts off bright, but over the course of 30 seconds or so dims down noticably, where the older reel stays bright. Dimming the lights with the control on the monitor, then bringing them back up brought them back to full output, but then they dimmed slowly again over about 30 seconds. Same behavior if I disconnect the reel then plug it back in.

I don't think this is a temperature thing as the other reel isn't doing it, and since he'd noticed the problem when using it in a line with flowing water.

Is this inherent to count plus? Is there something wrong with my reel? Can others with both types of reels or Ridgid folks please do your own comparison testing and comment?

---------

A second issue is that I have noticed bright spots, like single squirrely pixels here and there, in the cs10 display. These do not move with the image on the screen. They are in different places with different camera heads. They sometimes disappear if the reel is disconnected from the monitor and plugged back in. They sometimes reappear in the same positions. They do not seem to be in the cs10's display, as it does not have them when showing a blue screen. I am concerned that over prolonged use they may burn into my new cs10's screen. comments?
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: dim lighting on seesnakes related to count plus?

My Mini does not do that but I don't have the c10 I have the LT1000 ran on battery for the most part. And the DVD LCD monitor.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

you have count plus on your reel?
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Yes I have count plus on all my reels except my 30ft unit.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
        X