X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the lights went out

My system was damaged yesterday when the camera head contacted the cast iron stack. A spark jumped to the head and toasted my whole system. Has anyone else seen anything like this? Now I am paranoid as hell about using my other systems how can or could I prevent this? Lots of $$$$$$$ I am sure in repair
    Last edited by Mr Slate; 06-17-2011, 09:23 AM. Reason: spelling error

Re: When the lights went out

sounds like the cast iron stack is energized

i think your camera might have just blown a fuse in the countr plus

might be a simple fix that a repair center can get you up and running

i would suggest to have the property owner get a qualified electrician to check out their electrical system

rick
    phoebe it is

Comment

Had the same thing happen to a 5/8" cable when I was snaking a floor drain with my k50..Turned out there was a short on the switch .Sparks were arching across the cast iron floor drain.Scared the hell outta me
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Crazy stuff!

I never ran across anything like that before.

Comment

You had a charge in the line it usually will take out the camera head, transmiter, counter and the power supply in the monitor. If you have a monitor that is on batterys you will not have that happen. Marvin

Comment

Marvin the power supply seems to be ok as I can still watch stored video. But everything else is toast I havent gotten it to a service center yet to know how bad it is. Other than using a battery power unit ( This unit was not ) what are my options for protecting my investment in the future. If you or anyone eles have any sugestions to help I am sure a lot of people will be interested. Thanks again and I will be having the electric system tested on the house

Comment

You should be able to test a cast iron pipe for an electrical charge with a multi-meter I would think. If that sewer pipe was energized and damaged your equipment, I would think that insurance of the property owner should cover the damaged equipment?

Comment

Working...
              X