X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixing the wires on 200 ft sewer Camera

I got the camera head stuck in a pipe and ended up yanking it out which snapped the wires. that were
    located in the spring head.

I took the spring off and tried to mcgyver the wires back together but no signal or a rather weak signal was being put out. (see picsAttachment Attachment Attachment )

Does anyone know what kind of a mechanic or technician would do this kind of work?
    I can start looking in my area when I know the title of such a technician.

thanks
    Attached Files

Re: fixing the wires on 200 ft sewer Camera

your problem is that you bought a south coast camera

a ridgid camera would have prevented that from happening.

there are 2 safety cables in the spring carrier that would limit the stretch and prevent the wires from overextending.

if you can find an old school tv shop or radio shop, they should be able to sort out the wires and solder them up properly. question is whether you damaged the water proofing at the cable or camera head. is the sonde located in the head or spring?

of course you could take your chances and send it back to sce and see if they will actually fix it or rip you off like they did to me and others.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Looks like you're SOL ....
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I read all about PlumberRicks rant in the other thread about SC. If I knew then what I know now.

Ok, radio or tv technician is a start. will call around first thing come monday.

Comment

Working...
        X