X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumb drive deals for CS10 & CS1000

I'm wondering what CS10 and CS1000 users are paying for USB thumb drives and what your source is?

I found these on Amazon today:

$3.99, Kingston, 4GB: Amazon.com: 4GB USB 2.0 Datatraveler I: Computer & Accessories
    $4.34, San Disk, 4GB: Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB flash drive 4GB (SDCZ50-004G-P95): Electronics

$4.30, (San Disk - same as above): Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB flash drive 4GB (SDCZ50-004G-P95): Computer & Accessories

Re: Thumb drive deals for CS10 & CS1000

How many thumb drives do you go through a month?

Comment

They are cheap enough .Seems like thats the easiest to hand to a customer after cameraing their sewer..
      Last edited by OLD1; 08-18-2011, 01:34 PM.
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

At first I was going through 20 a month. Things slowed way down for me right now. But if I land this job where I have to TV street mains along with the laterals on the blocks I will be going through a whole lot more. Might even fire up Ridgid Connect for this job. But I still need to find a main line camera that can do 6" to 10" lines. Wish I can get my hands on the old original SeeSnake that DeepSee first introduced at the trade show almost 20 years ago.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I don't typically hand them out...

Looked into getting 50 or a hundred made with my logo on them, but never did get it done.

I've just spit the file onto their computer there and then... only problem with that has been customers with older versions of windows media player that do not have the codec for .avi files. It sees them as music.

Uploading and emailing link does away with that problem, and has become what I prefer to do. I've had a few instances where 'blah blah, your video does not work, blah blah blah' Uploading and sending them the link keeps that from happening.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
            I don't typically hand them out...

Looked into getting 50 or a hundred made with my logo on them, but never did get it done.

I've just spit the file onto their computer there and then... only problem with that has been customers with older versions of windows media player that do not have the codec for .avi files. It sees them as music.

Uploading and emailing link does away with that problem, and has become what I prefer to do. I've had a few instances where 'blah blah, your video does not work, blah blah blah' Uploading and sending them the link keeps that from happening.
            Same here. I upload them as a private video on youtube and send the customer the link by email. That way they can view the video from any computer with an internet connection. Not as slick or pro looking as Ridgid Connect, but it works

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              At first I was going through 20 a month. Things slowed way down for me right now. But if I land this job where I have to TV street mains along with the laterals on the blocks I will be going through a whole lot more. Might even fire up Ridgid Connect for this job. But I still need to find a main line camera that can do 6" to 10" lines. Wish I can get my hands on the old original SeeSnake that DeepSee first introduced at the trade show almost 20 years ago.
              Just curious, but isn't your seesnake plus rated to 12" pipe? Sounds like a job that could put the rating to the test?

Comment

I think that 12" rating is for new PVC with 3 guides on the camera. My fullsize with spacers in 6" HDPE is pretty darn black.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                X