X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screnn Blank

i have a see snake when i plug in a known good camra i have no picture but when i put a tape in the vcr i get a pic. any ideas ???

Re: Screnn Blank

Is it a ridgid camera

Tony

Comment

Re: Screnn Blank

Originally posted by Gerard View Post
      i have a see snake when i plug in a known good camra i have no picture but when i put a tape in the vcr i get a pic. any ideas ???
      First, let's clarify what's happening. When you put a tape in the VCR, do you:
      a) See the image from your camera, or
      b) Press the Play key and see the recording from the video tape?

If it's A then your problem is likely with the monitor and you need to have that looked at. If it's B then you can troubleshoot your system and in about 10 min know whether its the camera, the connecting cord, or somewhere in the push cable or reel.

Test the Camera Head
      Use the spanner wrench included with your SeeSnake to remove the camera head (refer to the manual for instructions). Plug the camera head directly into the SeeSnake System Connector on the monitor.
      a) If you do NOT see an image, the issue is with the camera head or the monitor.
      b) If you DO see an image, the next step is to test the SeeSnake System Cable (the cord that connects the reel to the monitor)

Test the SeeSnake System Cable
      Unscrew the system cable from the camera reel and plug the camera head into this end of the cord. Plug the other end of the cord into the monitor just as you'd usually do.
      a) If you do NOT see an image, the issue is your connecting cord and you can simply order a replacement.
      b) If you DO see an image, the issue is within the camera reel or push cable.

If the problem appears to be with the camera reel/cable, you could do further testing by plugging the camera in at different points in the chain, but you're probably better off just getting it to an authorized service center and letting them take it from there.

Comment

Working...
      X