Now that I have a Metrotech HL4000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that I have a Metrotech HL4000

Can somebody please show or tell me how to use it!!

Really! I was looking for leak detection equip and picked this up for a decent price off of Ebay.

Please check out the pic and if there is anything I should add or upgrade, please chime in. This will mostly be used for troubleshooting residential slab leaks.
    Attached Files

Re: Now that I have a Metrotech HL4000

Here is a link to Metrotechs Tech library, may be a good start.

User Handbook-Vivax-Metrotech

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post

Really! I was looking for leak detection equip and picked this up for a decent price off of Ebay.

Please check out the pic and if there is anything I should add or upgrade, please chime in. This will mostly be used for troubleshooting residential slab leaks.
      Like any electronic locating there will be a learning curve involved. You have everything you need for residential locating. Two things to remember, the headphones must be plugged in for it to work and it goes through a lot of batteries. If you PM me with your email address I will send you a pdf of the owners manual.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Would it be worth purchasing

the GM50 Microphone? I don't really know, but just by design, it seems like it would be more efficient than the GM10.

FYI, the GM50 is still made for the 4000 unit.

Comment

Re: Would it be worth purchasing

the GM50 Microphone? I don't really know, but just by design, it seems like it would be more efficient than the GM10.

FYI, the GM50 is still made for the 4000 unit.
          The GM50 is not for residential leak locating. It is for outdoors in noisy environments. Here are the GM10 and GM50 side by side.

Mark
          Attached Files

Comment

I recently bought a Gutermann aquascope 3 and I can tell you it is definately a learning curve.
            There are a lot of variables and you have to not only learn how to use the tool effectively but you have to have a good locator and be able to think outside the box.
            Good luck with the leak detection I find it a very interesting and rewarding job when you can locate and fix a difficult leak.
            Let us know how you go after your first few jobs.

Cheers Phil.

Comment

Was looking at one in the General catalogue last night. I remember reading something about filling the line with air to detect those hard to hear leaks...Good luck
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

GM50 vs. GM10

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                The GM50 is not for residential leak locating. It is for outdoors in noisy environments. Here are the GM10 and GM50 side by side.Mark
                Actually, I was hoping to get a probe type that you can simply put on an angle stop and get readings, but the small handheld probe type is only made for the 5000 version. DRATZ! I would have to change the pin connector if I want to take advantage of the newer microphones/probes. Did the 4000 ever come with a probe type mic? I don't think so, but I might be wrong. Anyway, I can still use my stethoscope for the stops

Comment

Re: GM50 vs. GM10

Actually, I was hoping to get a probe type that you can simply put on an angle stop and get readings, but the small handheld probe type is only made for the 5000 version. DRATZ! I would have to change the pin connector if I want to take advantage of the newer microphones/probes. Did the 4000 ever come with a probe type mic? I don't think so, but I might be wrong. Anyway, I can still use my stethoscope for the stops
                  I'm guessing you are referring to the "pam u 40" microphone. You have a GM10 that you can set up with a probe and it is much more sensitive than a "pam u 40".

Mark

Comment

Re: GM50 vs. GM10

punched in that locator, and e bay to google . Lots of locators!
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I have one of these units on the truck. I use it for locating swimming pool plumbing leaks. It works well but you must develop an ear for what you are trying to find. I don't know what field you are in so how you use it will be dependant on the type of work you do. A good machine though!

Comment

Hi, Mark. Would you be kind enough to provide me with the Metrotech HL4000 user manual? My ex-husband, a plumber, bought the machine, and he has not been able to learn how to use it. Any help you could provide would be appreciated. Thank you! Sherri

Comment

Working...
                        X