X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uphill Pipes

Drain and waste pipes must flow downhill from all sources of draining water, such as sinks, toilets and showers. If a pipe flows uphill, water will drain slowly or may not completely drain the basin. When the water level in the pipe is equal to the water level in the sink, the drain will stop flowing. This is corrected by installing plumbing pipes in the correct downward slope of at least 1/4 inch every four feet, away from the source of draining water.

Re: Uphill Pipes

Originally posted by chrishanson View Post
    Drain and waste pipes must flow downhill from all sources of draining water, such as sinks, toilets and showers. If a pipe flows uphill, water will drain slowly or may not completely drain the basin. When the water level in the pipe is equal to the water level in the sink, the drain will stop flowing. This is corrected by installing plumbing pipes in the correct downward slope of at least 1/4 inch every four feet, away from the source of draining water.

Comment

1/8 to 1/4 per foot of fall. It's called backfall, hence my screen name. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by lreops View Post
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

And this has what to do with camera and locators?
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by chrishanson View Post
            Duuuuuuude! You're an absolute GENIUS, maaaan! What is the secret location of the research facility where you are unearthing these breakthrough discoveries?

Comment

What about paydays on friday and that other stuff?
              Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yah but every *$$holes * potential client right......

Comment

Originally posted by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc. View Post
                    What about paydays on friday and that other stuff?
                    You get paid on Fridays? I though that was some old wives tale...
                    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

"Have a seat over there please"

Comment

Wait... You guys get PAID to do this??!! Man I'm just in it for the fun.

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                        You get paid on Fridays? I though that was some old wives tale...
                        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I'm a bigger Pitch. Snow 10 and 12 on rafters. Exterior window sills, ALWAYS Redwood 12 to 14 degrees. Still mill My own exterior oak thresholds ,and pitch the exterior 7 degrees. Glad I learned My craft back on Cape Cod and Boston. California Carpenters Don't have the same skills ! I use to make My own windows.
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                          X