X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color compact problem

my color compact has begun something that is frustrating. occasionally the monitor goes blank, sometimes the power light goes into a flashing mode, & the locater transmitter drops out. wiggling/tapping the pushrod will bring it all back to normal working status, until it happens again.

is this a monitor or camera/pushrod issue?

thanks in advance
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: color compact problem

most likely the camera/ pushrod is bad. i would try removing the camera head and plugging in directly to your monitor. chances are the camera is fine, but the transmitter inside the spring carrier has a cord/ connection issue.

to be 100% sure, i would need to pay you a visit and confirm that

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

i'm inclined to believe it is the camera/pushrod. when it fritzes outand i tap/wiggle the rod it comes back, sometimes immediately and sometimes it takes a bit.

also, when the sonde drops out and i go back to the monitor i will have pix but the sonde icon is gone. powering down/back up allows me to restart the sonde.

how would i disconnect the camera head to plug it directly into the monitor? the box/fitting(?) in the drum? please elaborate

thanks
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

did you get the metal or plastic spanner wrench when you purchased the camera?

this allows you to unscrew the camera from the spring. at that point the camera connection pins would slip right onto the monitor jack. same with the sonde and camera.

years ago when ridgid first took on the line, the seesnake standard and mini had an optional sonde. there was a small interconnect cable installed to bypass the sonde.

i doubt that they're even available for your camera, but i have one for the standard seesnake.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

don't remember getting a spanner at all, but i'll check on that later. had to move all my manuals, etc to a different location. freed up a bunch of space but is a real PITA when you need information ...once or twice a year

Comment

Working...
          X