X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Interface

Now just to be clear I am not bashing Ridgid. They make a great product and most of my tools are made by them. In fact one customer even noticed and said so.
    That being said, I consider myself to be more tech savy then that average plumber. So when I see all the cool things I can do with my phone or my laptop / tablet it makes me wonder why Ridgid had to design this laptop interface thing when all it seems that you would need would be some software and a HDMI adapter to go from the seesnake to the HDMI port on your laptop. Some smart phones even have HDMI ports and can record HDMI video so technically you could connect it to your smart phone and use it as the video screen.
    To me the laptop interface is overly priced and unnecessary. As much as I would like to have one I can't justify it when the solution I proposed would be simpler and more affordable.
    Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Re: Laptop Interface

remember ray that the lt-1000 or any other setup must also control the camera power and sonde. so even if you could record onto your phone, you would still need a "black box" to power the camera and control the led's and sonde.

how's your pressing coming along?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Right, so I don't see why software wouldn't be able to do this. The software should direct power from the laptop to the see snake much like it charges my USB devices.

Pressing, oh I a much better at pressing than sweating. LOL.
      Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

ray, if i'm not mistaking, the usb only supplies 5vdc at 300-500ma. not enough to run a camera system.

josh, should i keep my dayjob

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

They could easily make a camera reel that plugs in, and then just records to any device with a usb or any other port that supports video.
          While that would require buying a new reel, sure fine, but it would be much more marketable than current systems in my opinion. Could even set em up with bluetooth.

Comment

There are other manufacturers out there that run power directly to the reel and have RCA outputs on the reel that allow you to use any monitor, TV or laptop (with USB to RCA interface) that you want.

As Rick said, Seesnake relies on the monitors to power the reels.......it's just the way they were engineered originally. I don't think anyone saw laptops and digital technology moving to the mainstream as quickly as it did. Remember, Seensnake came out while VHS was still the dominant (and really only) video medium. We've come so far in the last 20 years in technology that it's truly amazing.

Comment

Rick, you're right. I would think you would be a great Ridgid product tester though. Swade, I am reluctant to use any other camera system. Have you used others and how did it compare to Ridgid?
              Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
                Rick, you're right. I would think you would be a great Ridgid product tester though. Swade, I am reluctant to use any other camera system. Have you used others and how did it compare to Ridgid?
                Rick is a Ridgid product tester.

J.C.

Comment

The people at SeekTech can charge what they want. I have no idea what they need to make their business work. Some economics, as they work in my low education world....

Equipment, or anything for that matter, seems too high when:

1) One's funds are limited in relation to cost of product.
                  2) You can't envision the "payoff" for the purchase.
                  3) You have comparables that have the appearance of same quality and less cost.

SeekTech SeeSnake cameras only have 3 things keeping their demand:

1) Durable design of the pushrod and head.
                  2) Proprietary control.
                  3) Customer service.

That's it. The other accessories associated with the product don't seem to hold water in relation to price because there are reasonable comparables with staggeringly lower prices.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                  X