X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microexplorer not working

Any suggestions on what to do about a microexplorer that flashes white, blue, red, then green repeatedly when the unit is turned on? The microexplorer is connected to the microreel 100ft

Re: microexplorer not working

sounds like same thing as this guy.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t37210/

Comment

Bummer. Unit is less than 3 mo. old. I have only charged the battery once. Maybe a reason why ridgid is discontinuing the product?

Comment

Dear ABQplumber, the color changing you are seeing indicates some images/video became corrupt as it was being written internally to the Explorers memory. If you will contact the Ridge Tool Company @ 888-743-4333 for a return authorization, we can restore the Power Control Board and get you back into business.
        Ridgid Technical Serivce

Comment

i am having a different problem w/ mine. i have vers 2.30 with no disc in on start up i get an hour glass then a window that says- error [2] entering playback mode . after i push the center button it says no" images available " it will only go between the two screens. i have tried everything i can think of . i got it used and have no manual. any help would be great !

Comment

That what mine does when the imager is not connected.

Are the lights working on the lens working??

Have you tried putting in an SD card? It has a very small internal memory so it should take a couple of pics without one though.

Comment

PipDoc,
              Mine was doing that every once in awhile, but now that I broke my microdrain push cable, thats all its doing, so you either a broken cable, loose connection, or broken or loose camera head. something is causing the signal to be lost between the camera head and the explorer I think.

By the way, does anyone have the part number for the new push cable? 100' long, micro drain....
              Last edited by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc.; 09-04-2011, 07:54 PM.
              Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Originally posted by abqplumber View Post
                Any suggestions on what to do about a microexplorer that flashes white, blue, red, then green repeatedly when the unit is turned on? The microexplorer is connected to the microreel 100ft

I had this happening alsp, then I turn the unit off and back on and it works fine, guess Im better off sending both units back to ridgid.
                Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Originally posted by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc. View Post
                  PipDoc,
                  Mine was doing that every once in awhile, but now that I broke my microdrain push cable, thats all its doing, so you either a broken cable, loose connection, or broken or loose camera head. something is causing the signal to be lost between the camera head and the explorer I think.

By the way, does anyone have the part number for the new push cable? 100' long, micro drain....
                  Broke mine last week right at the 60 foot mark. I rarely have to push it further than 50 feet and if I do I should be using the full size. Kinked it trying to jump a clay connection way down the line.

Thinking about just having it cut and reterminated rather than buck up for a new push cable. Waiting to hear back from AllStarPumping on a price for repair.

Is it cheaper to have the dry back end (drum side) terminated than the camera end?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Broke mine last week right at the 60 foot mark. I rarely have to push it further than 50 feet and if I do I should be using the full size. Kinked it trying to jump a clay connection way down the line.

Thinking about just having it cut and reterminated rather than buck up for a new push cable. Waiting to hear back from AllStarPumping on a price for repair.

Is it cheaper to have the dry back end (drum side) terminated than the camera end?

That's sucks, an expensive mishap

Was it in a 4" or 6" line ? Where you manhandling it ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                      That's sucks, an expensive mishap

Was it in a 4" or 6" line ? Where you manhandling it ?
                      Yes an expensive f*ckup.

4" line running through a closet bend that the customer had already pulled. Wasn't using gorilla hands on it but it bumped that clay connection and folded over in the sanitary tee laying on it's side. It's usually not a big deal, I've had that happen before without damage to the push cable. Camera went blank for a second then got the image back but when I pulled her out there was the kink.

Comment

i tried w/ 3 ft. flex still the same . any thoughts?

Comment

just got my micro back from ridgid , great customer support.thanks.

Comment

Hi, I have a microexplorer camera which works but can't charge the battery. the charger turns on red, turns green and then back to flashing red. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X