Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milwaukee 12 volt propex expander tool?

Do any of you guys use this tool? If so do you like it. I allready have quite a few of these compact tools last one i bought was the copper cutter "what a waste of money" thought it be go for renos and removing old copper used it a few times and found out it juust doesnt work well. Leave a ridge hard to get fittinngs on clumbersome and just poorly designed reallyy like most of milwaukees tools got the 12 volt impact and hackzall their not bad anyways... Just dont want to fork out the money if its not a great tool only have half and three quarter heads for my manual and thought maybe the cordless kit that comes with 1" heads would work better... Anyways thanks for reading look forward to your repplies thanks sean

Re: milwaukee 12 volt propex expander tool?

Ment for. This to be in professional don't know why it ended up here?

Comment

My plumber has the copper cutter and loves it, he uses it on every job. Wonder if there is something wrong with it?

Comment

Love my copper cutter!

wookie

Comment

I really haven't had luck it just seems bulky I replaced the new blade with another new blade didn't seem to help much... Maybe il take it to the Milwaukee tool repair guy.. he's only an hour away... I thought it be real handy I was pretty bumed out that it didn't seem to work..

Comment

I have the m12 pex expander and a model made by uponor and the m12 is great! Auto rotate and light! But buy the battery expander pack they sell it makes it last a lot longer on a charge and is a good stand.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

take this miiwaukee cutter.

the man beat the machine

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Had my M12 copper cutter for over 2 years now. Use it EVERY day. It's a little clumbsy in tight spaces but you would have a hard time taking from me.

STILL waiting on a Ridgid version.....

waiting.....

waiting.....

Comment

Saw a flyer at home depot saying that if you beat a milawaukee power tool with a hand tool you get 500 in tools from them. Maybe we should have round 2?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I've had my copper cutter tool for about two years also, love it and wouldn't trade it for anything else. I watched the video Rick, the man looked to be a newbie with the tool. He was trying to push the tool onto the copper from the side most of the time and spent more time talking than concentrating. You PUSH the tool onto the copper from the front of the tool. He had no idea. I know I could go way faster with mine. I could have got ya easy two to one or more. I timed both of you a number of times. You take on average of 6 seconds to set up and make a cut. The other guy took on average of 3 seconds. He didn't break a sweat, you were working your azz off! LOL,, I think I'll keep my tool thanks.

If your copper cutter tool is taking too long to cut then it most likely has a broken spring inside. It happened to mine. One day it was cutting within a few seconds and the next day it was taking forever. It was my own fault, got it jammed up one day and forced it. Milwaukee was great! Printed out a prepaid sticker from their website, sent off the tool and got it back in less than a week. Repaired under warranty and didn't cost me a dime.

I had a propex tool, the larger one. Used it for about two weeks and hated it and sold it. Now days it's all Viega Pureflow pex so I have no need for the propex.

Last edited by ironranger; 09-18-2011, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Ran into my old journeyman i worked with a few years ago "they got me in to wirsbo" he was showing off his new 12v milwaukee expander tool said it kicks ***. So i call today to get a price different wholesaler then i normally deal with rep tells me he brought in four tools and all four were returned within two days of purchasing every plumber had a different complaint says he sent them back and will refuse to bring them in again.. found this quite strange everytool but the copper cutter which i will send in for service maybe it is a broken spring? Anyways have been extreamly happy with there tools just got a 18v lithium ion battery back on warrenty was shocked had drill over twwo years werent expecting them to honor the five year warranty figured id have been over the two thousand charges by know.. anyways if anyones using this tool id love to hear your opigion on it thanks again seanny

Comment

This tool is ?* god send no more cutting the handles down on your wirsbo tool for those tight spots or stops, just got it im so impressed no rotating tool no fing around anyone that uses wirsbo exclusively this is a must hae im very happy with it did first job with it on thursday and the 12v battery lasted almost all day.... Good on you milwaukee.

Comment

I have had mine since Feb of this year have had no problems. Love it saves a lot of time. I havebeen told by others don't get it wet. If it has water already in it use the manula tool.
                          WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
                          ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

Plumbers LOVE this expander! And until the end of July 2012 there is a tool trade in deal at your milwaukee dealer. Come on down to First Supply llc and trade in ANY tool 9.6 volt or higher for up to $50 towards this tool and others!
                            I just bought a M12 impact wrench and M12 hammer drill for myself, LOVE them!

Comment

another spammer
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                              X