I love my SeeSnake Compact and Scout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I love my SeeSnake Compact and Scout

It depends. Took a call last week where a private manhole (shopping center) was backed up. After running into a deadend (literally) with our jetter I sold the camera work with a locate to find out where the problem was. The locate put the problem under a parking lot light pole. Turned out the newer (than the sewer line) lightpole concrete base had settled into the 10" clay pipe.

Most customers love a small add on fee to camera (and guarantee) a drain cleaning service.

David

Comment

There's more than money when it comes to the value of a camera. My customer and I already knowing that a crumbling cast iron pipe was going to have to be replaced, I reinserted my camera to locate the other end of the project. After marking the connection at the main I was ready to start cutting asphalt and get ready for the pipe bursting subcontractor. Having remembered a turn in the pipe I was drawing the camera back slowly to look at it when I noticed a 1" gas line piercing the pipe at the top. It being black iron pipe was odd, the gas company even claims it's not theirs but the utilities locate company already on their way soon proved the gas co. guy wrong.

Good thing I have a camera. A big boom would have ruined my day, or worse.

David

Comment

Now at $5700 in camera revenue.

David

Comment

$6100

Comment

Working...
          X