X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my SeeSnake Compact and Scout

I finally made the move to acquire a camera and locator. After hiring another service to do camera and locates for me for a few years I was certain I wanted a Compact and a Scout. My timing was wonderful as we have had sewer repairs and replacements continuously since I made the purchase. It is sweet to be able to grab the camera on the spot and show the customer the problem. My running mental count sofar is about $1500 in camera and locate charges earned before the purchase was due on the Amex. In addition the camera helped generate about $20,000 worth of repairs and replacements. I am very happy with my new toys/tools.

David

Re: I love my SeeSnake Compact and Scout

Awesome! Glad it's working out well for you. We bought a camera earlier last spring, and like you said it is certainly a worthwhile investment, although I think your ROI is a bit faster than ours was. We bought a Mytana camera but did buy a Scout locator. Just did a camera job for another plumber this morning, he called back and thanked me this afternoon for being so accurate with the locate.

Having the right equipment makes all the difference as far as being profitable and getting the jobs done right. Plus it's more fun to work when you have what it takes to do the job.

Comment

My ROI to date is luck. It's a bit unusual to have continuous sewer work like we have had the last month.

David

Comment

I about had a heart attack today. Ran into a major root blockage today but was able to get the water to drain. Knowing I had another potential job I quickly offered to camera and locate the problem, which I did. I did not, however, see the back water valve as I zoomed down the line. I pulled the camera back until I couldn't and I knew immediately what it was. I wanted to vomit, I had a stuck camera and a major customer waiting for me to clear a restaurant problem elsewhere in town (late on a Friday). After getting my nausea under control I went back to my camera and started to think. I noticed the distance counter showing a little over 6 foot and headed for a 10 piece of 1/2" pex pipe floating around in my van. It worked like a charm, I slid the pex down the pipe and popped the valve door up and pulled the camera out. I then followed that by a nice 5 minute sit outside allowing the relief to wash over me. My luck was holding as I sold the root problem job, restored flow to the restaurant in town and confirmed to the restaurant property owner a large repair was needed.

It was a good lesson for a new camera owner today.

David

Comment

Just keeping track of my camera fees: $2350 to date in direct camera charges (3 months of ownership). Haven't added up the sewer repair and replacement income that the camera and locator has helped generate but they are 10 times or more the camera fee.

At this rate the camera/locator package will pay for it self in a year or less.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
            Just keeping track of my camera fees: $2350 to date in direct camera charges (3 months of ownership). Haven't added up the sewer repair and replacement income that the camera and locator has helped generate but they are 10 times or more the camera fee.

At this rate the camera/locator package will pay for it self in a year or less.

David
            Nice work I have the scout and 100 foot micro and don't know how I went without it..think I'll get a mini soon for the extra distance

Comment

The best timing I've ever had, that or this thing is just flat out handy. I use my camera every week. How did I function without it? I do remodels, tenant space work as well as service so I use this to locate tie-ins, again how did I function without it. About $3200 in camera fees since I bought it in August so it should pay for itself within a year.

david

Comment

40 percent of my work is camera inspections and locations. About a year ago I started putting all my inspections on a hard drive. To date I have almost 600 sewers on the hard drive. I use one of the first navitracs made for my locations.

Congrats on your return on your investment, It can be amazing once you have a tool how we ever lived with out it.

Comment

It is indeed a great tool. A drain cleaning today felt odd, had to call in a jetter friend to help finish the job. Sold a camera inspection easily after the issues we had. Have another camera job tomorrow, just can't comprehend how I did without this tool. I hope I help someone else make the decision to make the purchase.

David

Comment

Now at $3800 in camera fees since my August purchase.

David

Comment

Sold a $200 camera job today. That puts me at about $4000 in camera fees since August. Not bad, better than I expected.

Comment

I think you said that you bought he compact. Do you use the batteries? Or just pull a cord? Do you have trouble with longer inspections?

I am in the market for one, and am considering the compact. Don't want to regret it though because I can't get out past 60-70 feet. I know it has a smaller push rod.

Do you ever need or wish you had recordings??

Comment

Yes, I bought the compact (with a 100' reach). Usually too many turns or obstructions limit the compact. I had a Ridgid rep try his larger camera on a job I was struggling with, with a 200" reach, and the excessive turns prevented him from inspecting the line as well. It's a great size camera. As far as the ability to record, only yesterday has an issue come up where I wished i could recorded the results.

I'm now at $4200 in camera fees since August.

David

Comment

At least $5200 now in camera and locate fees. Not including general use. Looks like less than 1 yr to recoup investment cost.

David

Comment

hi quick question ....and congrats on sucess with see snake compact, ru selling the service in order to see exactly where the blockage is....if the customer does not want to pay for the service ....do you go about clearing the blockage with out using ther camera for ur own benifit just to see the job is done ....would not use the camera ?

Comment

Working...
                              X