X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seesnake freezes up on start up

I use a seesnake with a mini reel. On startup it will freeze 1 in 10 times. Some times I have to turn it off and on fo 20-40 min (time is money). I think its a cs1000, maybe. Full keyboard, usb port

Re: seesnake freezes up on start up

Have you downloaded and installed the latest updates? You do it when in SeesnakeHQ and have the device connected.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I'm guessing I have to hook it to a computer with internet? All I know is self-taught. I inherited the seesnake when our drain guy left. I'm expected to do the job with what I got, I don't really have access to a computer...

Comment

there is a software package that came with the monitor called SeeSnake HQ. If you run that program you can go under Tools->Device Manager->CS1000 and it will downloaded the latest update and copy it to your thumbdrive. Then you just plug the thumbdrive into your cs1000. Also... please check to make sure the internal hard drive on the cs1000 still has space. If there is no space on the disk things can get a little sketchy.

PS... if you have the newest firmware on the CS1000 you can plug directly into the port on the front of the monitor and use it as view only for those times you dont need to record.

Josh

Comment

Sweet deal

Comment

Hey,

It's also worth noting that an "improper" shutdown of the unit (pulling the power cord, battery losing power before shutting it down, etc) causes the unit to run through a system check when booting up the next time. This can take a while and may appear to be frozen.

We definitely recommend following Josh's suggestions and verifying that you have some space remaining on the hard drive in addition to updating the unit through SeeSnake HQ.

You can find the HQ download, as well as various other support resources at: SeeSnake Software Support

Once you download HQ, you can also send bug reports from 'Help' > 'Send Bug Report' or by emailing HQSupport@seesnake.com if you'd like.

Regards,
            Eric
            Last edited by ericthomas; 01-06-2012, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X