Seesnake Sonde Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seesnake Sonde Question

I just replaced the camera on one of my seesnakes and when I turn on the sonde there are no distortion lines on the monitor, but when I trace it with my seektech it finds it....ok it's working but not distorting the monitor but then I turn off the sonde and I can still find it with the locator? I tried 3 different monitors and same thing. Could the sonde be bad now and just stays on? Or maybe I am picking up the current in the seesnake push rod? This is an old style 2 safety wires 325ft fullsize. This is on the shop floor for testing not in a sewer does the distortion maybe come from the ground when you are in a line?
    Last edited by Cuda; 01-18-2012, 06:18 PM.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Seesnake Sonde Question

Is this the old style transmiter? They are on all the time. The old style is about 7/8" diameter and about 2 1/2 " long with just the wire coming out for the camera head. There is a filter in it so no distortion marvin

Comment

Thanks Marv
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

the old ones look like a test tube with no external antennas. the mini looks like a big pill.

i still have a few of the older ones and like them.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I have another seesnake that always has distortion so I guess the fulltime sonde's filter must be bad, do they still sell the old style sondes?
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

no they don't unless it's old stock. or you hit me up

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X