X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locator and camera

Hey guys first off I have been lurking on this forum for some time now and finally came to peace with creating a account. Now my questions are I am in the market for a new locator and camera system. Now I will be using this for mainly residental service work as well as some commercial stuff never exceeding 6'' pipe. I would like to be able to use this system on small 1.5'' and 2'' branch lines and mainlines 3''-6'' as well. Now at a couple of companies I worked at before we had the see snake and scout locator system and I personally loved it for the ease of use and quality picture and easy locating. Now at the company I am out now we are using a spartan system that is garbage in my opinion(locator picks up cable line and what not, lots of false locates. REALLY REALLY have to take alot of time of the locate to make sure its 100% accurate). And for the company I work at now I have the opportunity to purchase a new system for us And rarely do we have to push out 100' or more but I would like the capability to exceed that if need be.

Thanks in advace MATT.

Re: Locator and camera

welcome matt

you've already had good luck with the seesnake and scout.

my recommendation based on your post and the fact i use this exact combination 90% of the time myself too. i would pick the mini seesnake and scout. on 6'' pipe you might not get the best push, but for everything else, it will exceed your expectations.

too bad you missed the trade show, but i think there are vendors still giving the trade show discount. check with jm mckinney to see what they can do for you.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      welcome matt

you've already had good luck with the seesnake and scout.

my recommendation based on your post and the fact i use this exact combination 90% of the time myself too. i would pick the mini seesnake and scout. on 6'' pipe you might not get the best push, but for everything else, it will exceed your expectations.

too bad you missed the trade show, but i think there are vendors still giving the trade show discount. check with jm mckinney to see what they can do for you.

rick.
      thanks man appreciate the info and where you at in LA? i will be honest when i first started reading this forum i was amazed on whats in other parts of the country... other plumbers saying they dont really solder any more?!?! thats what i come across 85% of the time hah

Comment

the good part of la

i can smell 90210

what are you going to use as a monitor? i use the dvd pak for most everything. i also use the lt-1000 for jobs requiring reports and documentations beyond just a dvd disc. great for emailing reports and photos.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

my lt1000 has been gathering dust bummer is it's real new, I use the dvd pack for everything and if I need digital I just hook my DVR into the chain. I love the dvd pack!
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

We have the mini and an SR20 locator. I belive the scott is just as easy to use and as accurate. We only locate once or twice a month so having a system that is simple to use is important.

Comment

Working...
            X