X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navitrak II or SR-60?

Hey guys, new to this forum but have been looking through a lot of helpfull threads about camera's and locaters, have purchased the mini sea snake, micro drain 30, 5 watt brick, lt1000m, laptop (dell ATG), sonde for sewer machine/jetter, signal clamp and just wandering, was going to purchase a navitak II but then saw the price difference wasn't much to go the sr-60. So was just making sure the sr-60 did everything that the navitak II did, plus more? Or am i going to confuse the hell out of myself if i buy this unit instead of the navitrak II? I think you can still use the sr-60 to what ever potential you want but just wanted to make sure the ease of use was still ok compared to the Navitrak II?

Cheers Boys!
    Last edited by Mick Donaldson; 03-24-2012, 08:23 PM.

Re: Navitrak II or SR-60?

The SR60 will do everything the Navitrack can do and more. But it comes down to one thing if you are just doing plumbing tasks like sonde location, occasional utility locations, water line locations. The Navitrack is fine. If you see yourself doing a lot of utility locates then spend the little more and get the Seektech.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

welcome to the forum mick

pretty much what cuda has already mentioned. the sr-60 might be an overkill if you don't get into utility locating.

i personally use the scout and it's right on the money.

i also own a sr-20 but haven't taken it for a spin yet.

looks like you have all the new toys to play with.

you have pretty good company on the forum with the other aussi

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

If you have the brick transmiter get the reciever to match the frequencies if its red get the navitrack, if yellow the sr20 or sr60 marvin

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          welcome to the forum mick

pretty much what cuda has already mentioned. the sr-60 might be an overkill if you don't get into utility locating.

i personally use the scout and it's right on the money.

i also own a sr-20 but haven't taken it for a spin yet.

looks like you have all the new toys to play with.

you have pretty good company on the forum with the other aussi

rick.
          Rick take that seektech out for a spin it is faster than the scout and it is more accurate when the sonde goes on a slight vertical. Shape and weight the same takes just a few minutes to get used to it being a little different from the scout.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Thanks guys for your quick feed back! The price difference is only about $500 so I thought big deal, at least you have all the options if you need it? (as long as it wasn't to confusing to use as well?

Rod Man a liitle worried now, they delivered me the red 5 watt brick as I was goin to purchase the Navitrak II, but you say if I get the SR-60 I need the Yellow 5 watt brick?
            Last edited by Mick Donaldson; 03-25-2012, 05:09 AM.

Comment

The frequences in the red brick match the navitrack and scout. The yellow brick matches the sr20 and 60. Whoever sold u that should have told you marvin

Comment

Yea the preset freqs. I dont feel like looking them up right now but like 4 of the 6 will be the same the ones you use the most but on the SR-60 you can set it for any freq. you want so it can be used with any manufactures products. If you have the $500 to spend get the top dog. The 60 has omni seek which is great before you dig it will look for all freqs. and tell you what it finds. The seektechs have 4 antennas instead of 2.
                Last edited by Cuda; 03-25-2012, 11:22 AM.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I can verify that the SR-20 and SR-60 will work just fine with the red SeeSnake transmitter that you purchased.

Both of the instruments that you are considering have the same sonde locating interface and will work equally well for that purpose. The extra $500 for the SR-60 buys you a lot of extra capability when it comes to tracing buried utility lines. In addition to OmniSeek and the extra antennas you also get a nifty feature that makes it very easy to perform an Integrated Line Trace. Your LT1000 (and all current monitors) have a connection point for your transmitter so that you can energize your SeeSnake push cable with a line tracing signal. Once the push cable is energized you can use your receiver to follow it out to the sonde. All of our receivers can do this, but the SR-60 has a dedicated mode that makes it even easier.

You can find out more about doing an Integrated Line Trace here (look for "Using Integrated Line Trace"): Training - RIDGID Professional Tools
                  You can find the full SR-60 training video here: SeekTech Videos - RIDGID Professional Tools

Comment

RRRIIIDGID! I here (guys) voice every day lol. Everytime I fire it up 2-3 of my guys always repeat it several times.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I am looking at getting a new locator, I am just locating sondes, I am looking at the Scout or I also saw the Goldak triad 2310 sc, has anyone ever used this one?

Comment

Get the Scout it is A user friendly (locating like a pro in a half and hour) And B ACCURATE!
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                        X