X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The elusive cast iron drain.

What is your secret weapon and set up to locate cast iron underground? This questions are for those that find it without the use of a backhoe and assuming it is in tact (smoke is not an option).
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: The elusive cast iron drain.

if i'm able to camera the line then i just use my seesnake camera with built in 512hz sonde and use my scout to pin point it along with depth.

pretty simple. and dead on accurate.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I was afraid that was the only/best answer. What do you think about the jetter nozzles specifically made to pull a camera?
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

i have one. but it's really made for 4'' and larger as you have a camera and jetter hose in the line together.

the advantage is you can get a lot longer pull as the jetter will help reel out the camera. of course with the camera in front, the line has to be relatively clean since the jetter is about 12-18 behind the camera head.

a regular snake with a 512 sonde will do a great job locating the cast iron pipe too. problem is without a camera, you have no idea what is downstream, tees, wyes, 90's roots,,,,,

i always prefer my camera whenever possible.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X