X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locate PVC Sewer Line

I was wondering what is the easiest way to locate a pvc sewer line. I didn't know if I had the NaviTRACK Scout if it would work. And if it would work, would I have to have something else to find the sewer line. Or can I just take a sewer tape and run it down the pipe and the NaviTRACK Scout would find it.

Re: Locate PVC Sewer Line

Locating PVC is easy. Either put a snake in the line, connect and locate. Or use your camera and sonde set up.

You do have a transmitter, right?
    Last edited by Gettinit; 04-20-2012, 10:21 AM.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

No I don't have a transmitter. I have nothing right now. I am planning on buying something but I need to know what I will need first before I start buying stuff.

Comment

A transmitter and a locator. 512hz is standard for a sonde but 33khz is nice to be able to use for a sonde as well. As far as a transmitter again, those two frequencies are most utilized. As far as bells and whistles, the skies the limits.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

If you dont use a camera and use a transmitter hooked to a snake then it is a good idea to run water in the pipe to create a good ground circuit .
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Get a scout , 100 ft micro reel and any monitor u like, and ur set up... I use the DVD pack works great.

Comment

Just run the line as usual and have your helper hold the handle on the 1500. You can feel and hear the cable slapping around in the line. I can locate them with 100% accuracy up to four feet deep with this method.

Of course that's talking about locating sewer in the yard. Doesn't work for inside the house. And it may not work for other states with different soil types.

Comment

Working...
              X