X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infrared Camera

Is there anyone out there that has one besides me? Do you charge extra for it? So far it is helping me with everything but wonder if I need to be charging for it.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: Infrared Camera

The old black and white compacts had infrared heads they had a black pushrod there are some left but if they kink we or ridge will not returm them anymore marvin

Comment

something tells me that he was referring to a handheld i/r camera that he uses to locate heat loss.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

What a great tool. For what purpose did You by it? Yes, in My opinion ,You should charge for it.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I use it to compliment my leak detection for the most part. It helps track down recirc loops in commercial amps. Then I can determine hot/cold from the ground. Overkill for line tracing but it helps. I use it for comparing pumps in commercial. Nice to find manifolds in the walls....unless in a tub wall. Heat doesn't build up well for detection without cutting the wall open.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • and other specialties.

Comment

i have one its the little milwaukee 12 volt guy... i use it in the same application as you do just to compliment my leak cetection... although i have used it on some repair work on a vent stack...works really well for recircs as you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt T Service and Repair View Post
              i have one its the little milwaukee 12 volt guy... i use it in the same application as you do just to compliment my leak cetection... although i have used it on some repair work on a vent stack...works really well for recircs as you said.
              Can you take a picture to share with your customers?
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • and other specialties.

Comment

Re: Infrared Camera WOW RENT A FLIR 17 AT HOME DEPOT

All over the boston area !!!!!!
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Infrared Camera WOW RENT A FLIR 17 AT HOME DEPOT

That is friggin awesome. I didn't realize the rented equipment like that at a hardware store. It would be a pain for me to run there every time I wanted/needed it.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • and other specialties.

Comment

Thanks for this thread! Do You realize the trouble You've started? Now Rick will be Buying at least 3 of these cameras! How do I know? He didn't jump in with pictures of His already ! Sorry Joey.

Comment

The prices have become reasonable. I like mine. There is still a lot I need to learn and a lot of free classes you can take on Flirs website. I would recommend this brand due to cost by comparison that I had done.
                      AllurePlumbing.com
                      • leak detection
                      • drain cleaning
                      • utility locating
                      • and other specialties.

Comment

I just bought one for $25.99 on Amazon ! Well kinda did. black+ Decker Thermal Leak Detector
                        Good to show Mrs. Murphy and Her Kids the heat loss when they leave their front door open !
                        Is a $2.00 tool charge too Hi ?

Comment

Playing with my camera.

AllurePlumbing.com
                          • leak detection
                          • drain cleaning
                          • utility locating
                          • and other specialties.

Comment

Playing with my camera.

AllurePlumbing.com
                            • leak detection
                            • drain cleaning
                            • utility locating
                            • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by rod man View Post
                              The old black and white compacts had infrared heads they had a black pushrod there are some left but if they kink we or ridge will not returm them anymore marvin

My friend has the large Ridgid SeeSnake, black & white with the gray pushrod. Are these still retermable ?

Comment

Working...
                              X