X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another what to buy question

The threads here are great which led me pick the 200ft mini, color, without self leveling. The problem is picking the monitor. I have learned alot reading tons of advice here. I wish i can just plug the mini straight into my choice of a cheap laptop but that route needs the LT1000. I was also looking at the 5.7 dvdpak or lastly the cs10. If all 3 choices did cost the same, which monitor would be the choice? There is so much good feedback on all the monitors! Thanks for reading.

Re: another what to buy question

depends on what you want and need for a finished product.

for all out simple dvd production and potability. the dvd pak is what i use the most.

for all out everything along with reports and ability to burn a dvd or usb stick. along with keeping a copy of the report and video on your laptop. the the lt1000 is the choice. the lt is also the least expensive, if you don't factor in your laptop. i use it for real detailed reports that i can email along with still photos and detailed reports.

the cs10 is a scaled down cs1000 minus the keyboard. it produces digital reports copied onto a usb stick. of course it's also a very nice monitor.

i don't own a cs10 so i don't have a real good feel for it. but it's similar to the cs1000 that i used for 20 jobs.

if all you need is to give a dvd to the customer. then the dvd pak is the way to go. it's portable and very durable. uses a battery and or ac.power.

the mini seesnake and dvd pak are my go to combination and money in the bank

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Hey Rick....question on the DVD Pak...seems like it's a pretty rugged monitor. Have you had any mishaps? Ever dropped it or anything? I'm just wondering how tough it really is?

I do agree with you on the portability though, it's definitely compact and lightweight. After seeing the color mini in action a couple of times, I'm already sold on that, and I think you sold me on the DVD pak as well. Hopefully I can find enough money in the piggy bank for one
      Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
        Hey Rick....question on the DVD Pak...seems like it's a pretty rugged monitor. Have you had any mishaps? Ever dropped it or anything? I'm just wondering how tough it really is?

I do agree with you on the portability though, it's definitely compact and lightweight. After seeing the color mini in action a couple of times, I'm already sold on that, and I think you sold me on the DVD pak as well. Hopefully I can find enough money in the piggy bank for one
        Dont mean to be rude to you guys but with the prices we pay over here we could afford to buy half the Ridgid Company over there.

Comment

thank you Rick for taking your time for making a great summary on the monitors! If on the LT1000, do you find it more convenient to keep it mounted on the reel or just stand it on the ground as i see that there are 2 models to choose from? Do you get worried using your laptop outdoors if the weather goes bad? Is your dvdpak the 4.3inch screen or the 5.7 inch? Sorry, I am just trying to be a copycat and I know you seen all the bugs in all the systems. Is it easier to see your dvdpak or a laptop in bright weather?
          thanks again for your knowledge!

Comment

if you have multiple camera reels, then get the portable lt unit without the mount. if it's just on the seesnake mini, then get the mounted unit. makes for a good platform to rest the laptop. i also rest my dvdpak on the lt1000 mount on my mini.

i have the 5.7. the 4.3 is better in cold weather and bright sun as it's a oled screen.

the dvd pak can stand up to a rain when the dvd tray is closed and the gasket is snapped in. of course unless you spend big bucks on a panasonic tuff book, then you risk water damage if it rains.

remember the dvdpak is great for making dvd's and monitoring the camera.

the lt1000 with your laptop will make the digital reports and files. your computer will produce the memory stick or dvd.

if all you need is a dvd, then i would go with the dvd pak. if you need fancy and detailed reports, then the lt1000 or cs10 would be a better choice.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X