X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower drain inspection

As I told you before I am new in every thing respecting see-snake...I bought one last week ,and I new it was going to be tricky so I try it in the shower drain at my house...and of course I only went
    through 10 inches:mad old:
    are shower drain tougher than other pipes....2-3"

Re: Shower drain inspection

shower drains have traps and traps are hit or miss. most of the time miss.

i avoid traps 99.9% of the time. especially old cast iron traps.

about the only trap that is safe is a modern day plastic p-trap. usually 2'' and larger.

of course it also depends on the camera unit you purchased.

next time try the roof vent if it's a straight shot or doesn't have vent 90's

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick Thank`s ...I am looking forward to work in the food industry but I wanted to try home....I was frustrated...I thought it was easy to go trough a"u" bend as I call it
      my camera is a color, 130 feet , sound..... Forbest , is cheaper than ridgid but I thought it is a good beginning

Comment

I have a new camera myself. Forget even trying a cast trap with a sewer cam. At least with plastic, it shouldn't be scratched or ground too bad. At this point, I don't even want to put my camera in cast without a skid. If it doesn't fit with the skid, it doesn't go. I'm actually working on some smaller skids, but still no way would I attempt a cast P trap or U bend as you call it. Without the skid, cast really takes a toll on the camera head.

Comment

Working...
        X