X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See-snake plus push rod damage help.

I recently purchased a see-snake plus used. Approximetely eight feet back from the camera head I found a chunk of push rod 1/4" x 1/4" missing exposing the kevlar underneath. The plumber I purchased it from said it has not been used for a year so it should be dry.
    Can I fill the missing sheath with a plastic epoxy of some kind? Or maybe wrap it in compression tape?
    Is there a fix out there that people have had success with?
    I would just get a reterm but have no idea where to get it done. I'm located in Vernon, BC. I'm assuming the closest would be in Vancouver BC. I really want to put this camera to work as soon as possible.
    Any ideas or thoughts?
    Thanks.

Jeremy

Re: See-snake plus push rod damage help.

Call AJ Coleman in Chicago, IL.

General makes a $20 - $25 repair kit for the cable.

Comment

http://www.drainbrain.com/geneye/RescueWrapsheet.pdf

Comment

Thats great! Thank you very much. I talked to a tech at AJ Coleman. He suggested black electricians tape. I asked him about epoxy and compression tape, he said to go for it.
        They only charge $240 for a reterm and send it back the same day. Sounds like a great deal but shipping might kill me.
        For now I'm going to try the fix.
        Thank you for your help.

Comment

Repairs have been tried in the past and sometimes help for awhile but it needs a reterm if you don't fix it the right way it will fail when you need it the most. And call ridgid to find the closest seesnake repair center
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by wake720 View Post
            Thats great! Thank you very much. I talked to a tech at AJ Coleman. He suggested black electricians tape. I asked him about epoxy and compression tape, he said to go for it.
            They only charge $240 for a reterm and send it back the same day. Sounds like a great deal but shipping might kill me.
            For now I'm going to try the fix.
            Thank you for your help.

If you are missing that much of the outer jacket I wouldn't trust tape as it is a weak link I would go for the repair kit.

Comment

Hey Guys can you give us a good repair centre down-under. The last one we had went broke. We do have one we know of but he works with a guide dog and a Solicitors Charge-out calculator

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                Hey Guys can you give us a good repair centre down-under. The last one we had went broke. We do have one we know of but he works with a guide dog and a Solicitors Charge-out calculator
                I second that motion Pleeeeeessssssee

Tony

Comment

Guys we have a good Ridgid repair guy up here, he is some sort of electronics fix it guy, I have used him and he is reliable.

I got his number from a guy in the Council, they take all there Ridgid stuff there.

If you would like his number PM me.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Some Day Plumbing View Post
                    Guys we have a good Ridgid repair guy up here, he is some sort of electronics fix it guy, I have used him and he is reliable.

I got his number from a guy in the Council, they take all there Ridgid stuff there.

If you would like his number PM me.

Simon
                    Thanks Simon for the offer. Bit far unfotunately

Comment

Working...
                    X