X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30" concrete pipe camera inspection

Anyone own a crawler and can help me out? I need some info on a good manufacturer and pointers.

Thanks
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: 30" concrete pipe camera inspection

I would hope you are not looking for a $30,000 setup for a single job. There are a lot of good manufacturers out there for the municipal stuff. I would start by looking here:

https://www.pumper.com/

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

These people are losing over a thousand dollars an hour. They are wanting it done by tomorrow and nobody can get here in that time frame save a salesman doing a demo for a sale. The equipment price would be put into the job price. I don't see any other way around it if they do not want to relax and do it within two weeks. They city is giving them time to get it done since the equipment is down and a new sewer is being run this week to get them operational.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • and other specialties.

Comment

30,000 would only buy you used equipment that could do 30'' pipe. just the tractor and lighting would be a considerable cost. then the camera and control console plus the wire reel. getting it done on short notice is finding a company that will drive there asap.

i would contact the major camera manufactures and give them your zip code. they must have sold a unit within a 1000 miles of you.

marks link will get you the companies who make the equipment.

is the line broken or just plugged up?

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

They were getting effluent from some equipment into the storm water from what I believe is a broken sewer. They want to verify with a video inspection that there is nothing else being illegally dumped into the storm sewer. The building was supposedly built in the 20's and the city storm water and sewer runs under the building. Problem is the city refuses to go under the private property even with a contract written by their own lawyers. Odd thing is the city will do any and all repairs in the building or on the property as it pertains to their pipes.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • and other specialties.

Comment

Get you one of those expensive remote control cars from Anderson R/C in T-ville and strap a camera to it and do a high-speed video inspection for'em. That would be worth trying just or the fun of it anyway. That customer I called you about the other day ended up letting me do the repipe, by the way.

Comment

The camera would miss too much. Now if they sold a remote control fire truck with a ladder you could control, maybe...lol I figured they would go with the repipe. Sometimes a leak detection just isn't worth it for the homeowner. Americ@n Le@k Detection will never say it though. Thanks for the referral though.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • and other specialties.

Comment

Schwalm Robotic Systems | LMK Technologies

for one job though is going to be tough. LMK has a sewer in our area they want to line, they also sell this product. Maybe getting both will sweeten the deal.
                Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

I own a sewer and drain pipe inspection business and have a rigid see snake camera--but isn't much use in large storm sewers. I'm thinking of looking into a remote control car with camera to either use for the inspection or to tow a pull line through the pipe to then attach to my see snake camera head so that I can pull in through rather than push, which can't be done. Just looking for any creative and economical solutions/ideas to inspect pipes larger than 8 inches.

Thanks.

Comment

I bought a crawler.
                    AllurePlumbing.com
                    • leak detection
                    • drain cleaning
                    • utility locating
                    • and other specialties.

Comment

what did you get? What did you find out on that job?
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I talked them into a new sewer and handed it to my former boss. They did it once for about 43,000 then the factory brought in engineers and made them rip it out and did something else....not sure exactly but it cost a small fortune. Did I mention it was only about 150' sewer? Anyways, I got to locate the sewer.
                        AllurePlumbing.com
                        • leak detection
                        • drain cleaning
                        • utility locating
                        • and other specialties.

Comment

Working...
                        X