X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MicroDrain D30 vs D65S

Looking to buy one of the above. What are your general thoughts? Leaning towards the D65S because some homes have the washer tie into the main about 50' away. Also run into 2" cast iron traps from time to time. I have the k50 adapter for sonde so I have that capability...do these have a sonde and how strong is the signal? I plan on using the reel with my toolcase monitor.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: MicroDrain D30 vs D65S

ben, i would go with the 65' and sonde. the signal will be much weaker than you've used with your seesnake, but will work to about 4-5' in cast.

also consider the 100' micro reel. not a much bigger head, but a much stiffer push rod. won't do toilets like the microdrain. good thing is the inner drum is a simple swap to both camera's if you just want to buy the reel and drum assy and not the case.

off to go jet some fun lines now.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

How does the micro reel do a 2" ci ptrap?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Not well... I would be concerned about breaking it in a 2" CI trap. Its possible but you risk breaking the cable. microDrain is probably a better fit. Rick is right about the sonde being weaker. 4-5' under ground is a good estimate. 12' air test before you pick it up.

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        How does the micro reel do a 2" ci ptrap?

Comment

3 feet is all i ever get with the D30 sonde in cast iron. Over that depth and the signal starts to wander. I rarely have trouble pushing the 30 footer all the way out. Really wish i had the D65. The Micro drain is my go to camera coupled with the Explorer. Pretty sweet set up but taxes the battery. The Micro reel will scratch up in a 2" cast trap. Itll go but not worth the risk. The microdrain would be way better for that.

Comment

Sounds like the D65S is the way to go. AJ will be getting a call from me tomorrow morning.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ben, also get a price for the inner drum and cable/ camera 100' micro reel. and a price with the complete assy.

personally i use the micro reel more than the micro drain. and other than trying a trap at josh's house, i stay away from traps. toilets, no problem, but traps are not worth it.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I love my micro drain 30 i use it the most for really broken sewers on bends where the regular seesnakes want to push into the break (then into the soil) I can manipulate the cable and make it continue onto the next section of good pipe (if there is any) I push the whole thirty out easy and wish I had waited for the 65 but oh well. The sonde is real weak compared to the regular seesnakes but you get used to the low numbers when you use it.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                X