Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SeeSnake® MAX rM200 or Mini

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
    I have gotten my B/W plus (big) camera into a 2" cleanout in a crawlspace (2" dandy tee on a 2" galvy stack). and pushed from the 2" into a 4" CI lateral for 20' and then into the 6" clay for another 35' from the foundation to the parkway. The older pushrod can be a bit too stiff with multiple turns. Rick seems to be saying that the new pushrod in the rm200 is slicker and a bit more flexible and thus pushes out easier.

I think the G vision is a nice monitor, but I really don't like the idea of the monitor permanently attached to the reel. Nice to be able to move the monitor / reel to a comfortable working position without having to crane my neck to see the monitor and twist my body to reach the cleanout.
    Thanks, you don't have to put it on the reel, the front case protector acts as a support as it a swings out, it's actually nice. You can swing the monitor to many positions on the ground, upwards etc and tighten off with some very nice and large (hand?) nuts.
    I told Epl solutions they need more info on the net about it. The guy who invented it is a plumber- engineer.
    I'm going to check out a cs10 monitor on Mon in the sun and if it's hard to see like my old monitor, I'm thinking I'm going to give the gvision s/3000 a shot. Even if that means I'm going to miss out on a free scout. Cus I'm buying a monitor and a camera reel.

Comment

Had a demo with these two today.
      Went in 3inch to 4inch abs then 4inch clay.
      The mini pushed further to about 125 ft with many turns, then petered out after a 4 in clay 90, the rm200 petered out immediately after the 4inch clay 90 to about 110. I didn't try water.
      The rm200 pushed easier in the beginning but not enough to make it a big deal.
      Both camera heads seemed to be of equal brightness.
      The bend at the connection of rod to camera head was almost the same so going around bends would only be determined by the rod and size of camera head,,,, as both will bend about the same.
      I liked the mini better and will be my choice.
      It's a smaller footprint and the housing on the rm which doesn't move didn't move me, pun not intended.
      The rm is not worth the extra money and if it was the same I would still go for the mini,,,, I think,,,,, this is what I think.

Comment

Robert, water is a must if you want any distance at all. Sometimes I run water full blast to get the most distance on difficult lines and inspect on the way back out.

Pretty sure if you use water, it would have pushed out much further. Its all about friction and resitance. Water makes the difference.

What monitor did you like?

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          Robert, water is a must if you want any distance at all. Sometimes I run water full blast to get the most distance on difficult lines and inspect on the way back out.

Pretty sure if you use water, it would have pushed out much further. Its all about friction and resitance. Water makes the difference.

What monitor did you like?

Rick.
          Yeah, I know the water thing, I was just demoing.
          I liked the day light screen of the cs10 And the cs6 was very cool, and a great screen, (plus flip) Im on the bubble between those two monitors. Since the pic was so good I might nix the gvision, especially because of the free scout with the reel and cs10, the cs6 won't get the scout, but 1765.00 less. Gonna mull it over.
          Last edited by theplungerman; 09-09-2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

But we need the rm200 units to sell so the price on the mini goes down.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Did you use the same size guide balls on both cameras?

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Didn't use guide balls,, why?

Comment

http://www.plumbingzone.com/f23/mini...x-rm200-22644/

Comment

Ball guides are a must if you want to get past any hard turns or offsets. It also cuts down the friction and wear and tear plus helps to center the camera and get above the flow line.

I had an inspection today that 2 other companies failed to get out to the street. My rm200 not only blew their video away with both clarity, but also the diagnosis. Pushed out 123' from the 4" no hub test tee in the wall to the 6" clay sewer lateral out in the street and also through a 75% root clogged clay lateral at 93' in.

The 2 other comapnies wanted to tear up the inside of the building for 80', yet the real problem is the roots at the 93' spot outside in the sidewalk, curb.

My camera not only impressed the building owner, but also the building tennant who will be using us in the future. Not to mention they are 1 of the largest real estate companies in the country.

A 2 hour inspection and review of some invoices is all it took to get an account that now will recommend us to all their realators in the office.

Rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Yeah ball guides are great and I know why they are used but it was just a demo and wanted a tit for tat comparison. Other than an off set joint do you think balls make that much of a difference?

Comment

why not use ball guides for both cameras? I always use a ball guide unless I specifically only want to see the bottom of the pipe.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I bought the mini today. Yeah for me, and I plan on using the ball guides as this will be my go to for short lateral lines.

Comment

I also went with the Mini SeeSnake Plus and CS10 over the RM200. Got a good deal on it, so it made more since over the RM200. Plus I'm somewhat gun shy after the last cameras I've had that where not reliable at all, so I went with the tried and true Mini. Hope it is as good as all y'all say, if so I'll be adding the full size SeeSnake Plus too.
                            Will Rogers Plumbing
                            Moore, Oklahoma
                            (
                            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                              I also went with the Mini SeeSnake Plus and CS10 over the RM200. Got a good deal on it, so it made more since over the RM200. Plus I'm somewhat gun shy after the last cameras I've had that where not reliable at all, so I went with the tried and true Mini. Hope it is as good as all y'all say, if so I'll be adding the full size SeeSnake Plus too.

Cool beans

Seen my first mini yesterday when the Duracable guy stopped by. I want one too

Comment

Don't be worried about the rm200. It's all I've used since getting it and it has over 13, 000' of push out on it now. That's 26, 000' both ways plus all the times I don't wind up between inspections and it doesn't register. So call it over 30, 000'. By now.

Yesterday was a back to back 1.5" lav that I had to make the drop with the help of a home made spoon. Pushed out 71' to the base of a lateral. Picture was perfect and centered. Locates were dead on and on my pull back the counter came back right on the button at 0" when I removed it from the pipe.

Rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X