X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeeSnake® MAX rM200 or Mini

Both will do 1 1/2 up to 6inch lines/200ft. Anybody try the newer rm200? Think it would be worth taking a chance on?

Re: SeeSnake® MAX rM200 or Mini

Still pretty new ask for a demo ???

What will you be using it for the most ?

Comment

Right now I will have to stay with the tried and true push rod design. (I just bought 2 more) Smaller and lighter is not my biggest concern: Dependability and being able to push out the farthest is what matters to me.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

according to my sources the new push rod design of the rm200 will outpush the mini. it's also slicker.

not that i own 1. yet

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          according to my sources the new push rod design of the rm200 will outpush the mini. it's also slicker.

not that i own 1. yet

rick.
          That may be, but I doubt that it will be much use in 6" clay or cast unless the lights are also a lot brighter. The head on the new rm200 is smaller than the old mini and that one has some brightness issues in 6" for me.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it some more.

Comment

Just got the rm200 and used it twice yesterday. Here is the low-down: I owned the mini until about 1 month ago when it was stolen. I had been using it for about 2 years. I will assume you are familiar with the mini design. The first major difference is in the cable material. the rm has a semi-clear red plastic/rubber cable sleeve. It sheds water easily and slides through the pipe smoothly. I was in some clay about 110' with no water and it was pushing like my old mini would have at about 80' with water. The cable doesn't seem stiffer when you look at it, but it seems to be. I bought the version with the handle and wheels. The handle is cool because you can set it at a 45 and it feeds nicely and allows you to easily access buttons on front if necessary. The wheels are a nice option, but the unit is not very heavy to begin with. The head is much smaller and the LED's are blindingly bright (apprentice turned machine on when I was inspecting the head) despite the smaller size, there seems to be no reduction in visibility. I was in 4" with no camera head balls and I could see everything easily. Overall, I like it much better based on yesterday's performance. We will see how it wears. That combined with the cs10 is a great combination. Hope this helps.

Comment

Anymore comparison opinions.
                I'm trying to decide between these two.
                I'm leaning towards the mini because I'm leaning towards this monitor. http://www.allanjcoleman.com/gvision.html. . home. But the 3000,,,, because it will clamp nicely on the handle of both my plus and the mini, but not the rm200
                I looked at it today at Epl solutions in orange Ca today. Sturdy. They have a video of a guy chucking it across the parking lot and it still working. Also in bright sunlight the screen was awesome and clear as a bell. Downloads to a thumb drive and for you apple fans downloads straight to a iPhone etc.
                Last edited by theplungerman; 09-04-2013, 02:34 AM.

Comment

The g vision doesnt hook the the RM200. However the new CS6 does dock to it nicely. I'd give it a look before committing to the g vision. Ya may be surprised at the price point

Comment

Can both of these cameras negotiate 2 inch vent 90's. Or only the rm200 or no on both.

Comment

no on both. only a micro drain can.

do you really run into a lot of vent 90's. I don't.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Again, no one reel can do it all your going to need a full size reel such as the Seesnake Plus and or a microreel, microdrain, or nanoreel.

The rm200 sounds like a tweener reel (like the Mini Seesnake Plus). If you only want one reel it's the best one to have.
                        Last edited by AssTyme; 09-04-2013, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          no on both. only a micro drain can.

do you really run into a lot of vent 90's. I don't.

rick.
                          No don't, but thinking about the occasional toilet stack in 2inch that's vented with 90's. I can use my full size it it's straight shot into 3 or 4.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                            Again, no one reel can do it all your going to need a full size reel such as the Seesnake Plus and or a microreel, microdrain, or nanoreel.

The rm200 sounds like a tweener reel (like the Mini Seesnake Plus). If you only want one reel it's the best one to have.
                            Yes I agree not 1 reel can, but can 2,,,, save the vent 90's example.
                            I have a full size and am going to get another. I'm leaning more to a mini, because I'm probably going to go with a gvision s/3000 monitor and I like that I can clamp it to both reels. Then get a micro latter.
                            I'm going to being jobs for other plumbers and being able to go through say a 2inch clean out and inspect the lateral all the way to the city is probably my most important factor.
                            I'm waiting to be swayed to a rm200 but a non self leveling camera head isn't a deal breaker and another thing to go wrong. Plus it's smaller(mini) and the new reel (rm200) isn't proven.
                            Last edited by theplungerman; 09-04-2013, 11:02 PM.

Comment

I have gotten my B/W plus (big) camera into a 2" cleanout in a crawlspace (2" dandy tee on a 2" galvy stack). and pushed from the 2" into a 4" CI lateral for 20' and then into the 6" clay for another 35' from the foundation to the parkway. The older pushrod can be a bit too stiff with multiple turns. Rick seems to be saying that the new pushrod in the rm200 is slicker and a bit more flexible and thus pushes out easier.

I think the G vision is a nice monitor, but I really don't like the idea of the monitor permanently attached to the reel. Nice to be able to move the monitor / reel to a comfortable working position without having to crane my neck to see the monitor and twist my body to reach the cleanout.

Comment

Working...
                              X