SeeSnake Chemicals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeeSnake Chemicals?

Have you ever knowingly or unknowingly exposed pushrod/camera to various chemicals that may be found in a drain other than what would be considered "normal"?

Damages?

Thanks.

Re: SeeSnake Chemicals?

i'm sure i have. but with water running it gets washed away. remember that grease is an acid and that's the most common form of muck.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks. I have an industrial situation where I know 100% that various chemicals are put into floor drains that I need to scope, locate, & repair.

Not just mop water or something to open the drain once in awhile.

Comment

you might be able to use a pool testing ph strip to see the makeup of the water.

the seesnake electrical connections are waterproof. it's the exposed stainless that might show an affect. unless they have an acid waste system/ piping, i would think as long as the pipe is still in tact, how harsh are the chemicals?

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Dye House. A varying amalgamation of dyes, powders, wetting agents, acids, etc.

Comment

my big fear would be that some chemical might etch the lens......and maybe heat up any wires in the camera head.....but like said before hopefully you can run plenty of water.....
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

The cable and other components are highly resistant to chemicals found in sewer lines. Prolonged exposure to high concentrations of harsh chemical(s) could eventually damage the cable and/or water seals which is why we recommend cleaning the system with mild soap and water and not solvent-based cleaners. But if water is flowing in the line you should be fine, and if you have doubts simply rinse the camera and cable after use.

Comment

Originally posted by irguy View Post
                The cable and other components are highly resistant to chemicals found in sewer lines. Prolonged exposure to high concentrations of harsh chemical(s) could eventually damage the cable and/or water seals which is why we recommend cleaning the system with mild soap and water and not solvent-based cleaners. But if water is flowing in the line you should be fine, and if you have doubts simply rinse the camera and cable after use.
                Thanks. Again, very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                X