X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MicroDrain, MicroReel, and NanoDrain

What can you do & not do with each of these?

MicroDrain

MicroReel

nanoDrain

Little confused I guess. Thanks.

Re: MicroDrain, MicroReel, and NanoDrain

Bumped once. Just looks like they can easily cross one another in function.

Does the nano do it all with accessories?

Comment

I use the D65s microdrain. I like it alot. The only thing I don't care for is there's no footage counter. 2" ci ptrap I can't get through but plastic traps are easy. Toilets take some finagling. Wish I bought it earlier.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Why not the MicroReel or nano?

Comment

Because I have a mini seesnake and that does the same as those 2 up to 6". The only advantage I can see with those two is they're smaller.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Can you get through a galvanized 90? Possible to go through kitchen sink underneath, through galvanized 90, drop in the Tee, and continue?

Thanks.

Comment

2"? yes, done it before but I'd rather go down the vent.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Not thru 1-1/2" galv 90 but PVC yes with micro drain. Too many turns early and you wontget past 10 feet. Would love to see what the nano reel does. I doubt its as durable as the micro drain.

Comment

Do any of you run the microDrain etc. with the first version of the microExplorer?

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                    Do any of you run the microDrain etc. with the first version of the microExplorer?
                    Yes, every day.

Comment

Can you switch drums through all versions?

For instance: If you purchased a microDrain, can you purchase the nanoReel and/or the microReel pushrod to go in the same housing?

Thanks.

Comment

microReel - relatively stiff cable (comparable to SeeSnake Compact); designed for main and branch lines, not designed for p-traps

microDrain & nanoReel - ultra-flexible cables designed for very tight turns in small diameter lines; nanoReel is a scaled down version of the microDrain

The major difference between the systems is the minimum bend radius of each push cable. The microReel cable is the stiffest of the three and will likely kink if you try to shove it through a toilet. The microDrain & nanoReel use a different type of cable compared to all other SeeSnake cameras, including the microReel. The cables are highly kink-resistant but will not push as far because of their flexibility. There is some overlap between the systems, but the microReel and microDrain and are generally best for drain applications, and some techs use the microDrain to inspect pool lines.

The nanoReel is a special-purpose camera designed for ultra-small diameter lines – boiler tubes, for example. The nanoReel can make multiple turns in 1" lines and can inspect straight runs in lines as small as 3/4".

The micro-nano system is modular – the drums, handles, and slip ring/connector cables are interchangeable and may be purchased separately so that you can extend your capabilities as needed.

Here are the product pages (a new product family video should be online in a few days):
                        microReel: SeeSnake® microReel Inspection Camera System - RIDGID Professional Tools
                        microDrain: SeeSnake® microDrain
                        nanoReel: SeeSnake® nanoReel Inspection Camera System - RIDGID Professional Tools

Comment

Originally posted by irguy View Post
                          microReel - relatively stiff cable (comparable to SeeSnake Compact); designed for main and branch lines, not designed for p-traps

microDrain & nanoReel - ultra-flexible cables designed for very tight turns in small diameter lines; nanoReel is a scaled down version of the microDrain

The major difference between the systems is the minimum bend radius of each push cable. The microReel cable is the stiffest of the three and will likely kink if you try to shove it through a toilet. The microDrain & nanoReel use a different type of cable compared to all other SeeSnake cameras, including the microReel. The cables are highly kink-resistant but will not push as far because of their flexibility. There is some overlap between the systems, but the microReel and microDrain and are generally best for drain applications, and some techs use the microDrain to inspect pool lines.

The nanoReel is a special-purpose camera designed for ultra-small diameter lines – boiler tubes, for example. The nanoReel can make multiple turns in 1" lines and can inspect straight runs in lines as small as 3/4".

The micro-nano system is modular – the drums, handles, and slip ring/connector cables are interchangeable and may be purchased separately so that you can extend your capabilities as needed.

Here are the product pages (a new product family video should be online in a few days):
                          microReel: SeeSnake® microReel Inspection Camera System - RIDGID Professional Tools
                          microDrain: SeeSnake® microDrain
                          nanoReel: SeeSnake® nanoReel Inspection Camera System - RIDGID Professional Tools
                          Thank You. Very helpful explanation.

Comment

we all know irguy, but you wouldn't place him unless you hear his stage voice.

he's the voice behind the seesnake training videos and the voice you hear when you turn on your locators. "ridgid"

now you know the rest of the story.

thanks guy

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                            X