X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J M Mckinney

My transmitter went down,, took it to J M Mckinny, it was an easy fix and saved over 5 hundred bucks. Thanks Jeff, Melody, Jorge, Willie, if in LA Ca area go there. they are awesome.
    Robert

Re: J M Mckinney

Saved my a$$ many times! Unfortunately, they closed the Anaheim shop. LA is a bit of a cruise from cental OC.

Comment

Jm mckinney is owned by a former ridgid sales manager, jeff. He knows his products and so does his guys and gals.

I go to both van nuys and hawthorne. Van nuys has all my propress fittings in stock.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I go back with JM McKinney for over 30-years. As a mater of fact, my first jetter was a JM McKinney branded jetter.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Don't know what happened down there, they started out great for me. Ive purchased seesnake 315' reel and monitor from them, two spartan machines, had repairs done, equipment installed in my truck, traded equipment with them. Lately I've watched and witnessed their customer service fade.They leave a lot to be desired when it comes to customer service over in Van Nuys. Not sure if Ill go back there after my current experience with them. Any other repair shops in the area?

Comment

Sierra, What did happen?

Saw them a few days ago at the phcc long beach show. They're always good to me and others I've referred.

Was it a repair or turnaround time?

Larry's a good guy. I'm sure he'll make it right.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, it may have been me pissed off about my camera being down. I got it back today, one day shy of two weeks. $2300 later hurts but I'm relieved. I have potentially $30,000 riding on this camera over the next week. JM told me I should have it back in a week, maybe two at the most. I called last week for an update and asked to speak to someone about it. I got a relayed message from someone i could here in the background saying to the woman who answered the phone, "tell him were still waiting to get the monitor back from San Diego". I would have felt better if he told me directly, were still waiting to get it back from San Diego, ill call them to get an update and let you know. I never got pissy with them or told them how I felt though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra2000 View Post
                Rick, it may have been me pissed off about my camera being down. I got it back today, one day shy of two weeks. $2300 later hurts but I'm relieved. I have potentially $30,000 riding on this camera over the next week. JM told me I should have it back in a week, maybe two at the most. I called last week for an update and asked to speak to someone about it. I got a relayed message from someone i could here in the background saying to the woman who answered the phone, "tell him were still waiting to get the monitor back from San Diego". I would have felt better if he told me directly, were still waiting to get it back from San Diego, ill call them to get an update and let you know. I never got pissy with them or told them how I felt though.
                Next time just ask for Larry. They get busy sometimes buy it helps to be on first name basis.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Next time just go to Cisco's new shop, He's the guy that worked for McKinney in Anahiem for 15 years. He is working for himself now and has a rooter repair shop in Orange at 1330 West Collins His Phone 714 458-0490 He has all the stuff for spartan and ridgid machines just like McKinney.

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra2000 View Post
                    Next time drive to Seek Tech at 3855 Ruffin Road, San Diego Ca Phone 858-244-3300 drop of your camera and its fixed in 3 days. Saves you time and mark up on cost. McKinney quoted me $1200.00 to fix mine would take 2 weeks. Took it to Seek Tech I got it fixed for $615.00 in 3 days.

Comment

Guys, before you tear into mckinney, I too was curious about this as I have been using them over 25 years.

Larry told the customer 2 weeks when he dropped off the camera and monitor. Larry did some testing and determined that the camera was run into an energized sewer line. This burned out the camera head, transmitter, reel counter and a board on the monitor.

The selfleveling color camera alone is $3000. Plus a new transmitter at $750, a reel counter probalbly another $500, plus the monitor repair. Add labor and $2300. Is dirt cheap.

The good news is that according to larry, who's been at this for years, he only sees a camera destroyed like this 2 or 3 times a year. That's less than 1 % of his seesnake repairs.

Fortunately in the thousnads of inspections I've done since 1995, I've never hit an energized line. Bad news is, it's very difficult to tell if the line has current in it. Especially if it starts off in a plastic cleanout.

Ps. The repairs were compleated in under the 2 week time frame too.

Sorry i just couldn't see beating up a vendor when I didn't have both sides of the story.

Now at least everyone is warned of the dangers and cost of operating a camera in an unknown line. I guess ive been lucky with my cameras.

Rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

If there is a charge in the line it will usually take out the camera head, transmiter,counter and power supply. The rebuilt camera head alone is almost 1200 there is not much work in changing them but for the parts it was a good deal. Most customers do not belive it but some will say they saw a spark. I had one that hit a hot line and after we fixed his canera he went back and did it again. Had another one that did it and called another truck and blew 2 on one job. Marvin

Comment

Larry at JM McKinney did make it right like Rick said. It's just when you got so much $$ depending on getting your camera back as quick as possible and not really knowing for sure when, something minor could strike a nerve as was the case with me. All in all they did a great job getting it fixed within the 2 weeks and went the extra mile to make sure I was happy. Looking back, I was a little quick and shouldn't have vented like I did on here. Sorry guys, no need to go look anywhere else.
                          Last edited by Sierra2000; 03-11-2013, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Some quality information in this thread.

Never knew a sewer line could be energized either

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                              Next time just go to Cisco's new shop, He's the guy that worked for McKinney in Anahiem for 15 years. He is working for himself now and has a rooter repair shop in Orange at 1330 West Collins His Phone 714 458-0490 He has all the stuff for spartan and ridgid machines just like McKinney.
                              Thanks rat, jeff was out of town and jm mckinney torrence couldn't get to it for a few days. Saw this post and called him.
                              Had an issue with my camera that I wanted immediate attention on, video going in and out,,,, Cisco reconnected (first cord coming out of rod) for a shop charge, in and out in less than an hour. If in orange county check Cisco out.

Comment

Working...
                              X