X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seesnake Sonde and Navitrack II

Good evening all. Got another question. couldn't find any discussion previous so I will come straight out and ask. Do we need to get the sonde on the seesnake checked and also the calibration on the Navitrack II. Like all test equipment it is treated with respect as much as we can but the seesnake does get pushed around inside the drain.

Re: Seesnake Sonde and Navitrack II

Interesting question.

The sonde is a sealed unit and is non adustable once manufactured. I would think that thenavitrak, scout, are tuned in at the factory, but ive never heard of sending them in for calibration. Sort of like a modern radio or television, the stations are tuned and there is no fine tuning like in the old days.

Too bad you asked today. I was just on the phone with them yesterday and could have asked for the real explanation.

1 thing for sure, if your batteries are very weak, your performance will suffer and you get stray readings.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, as always thankyou. I was having a hard time with a locate on ci pipe where it changes from pvc to CI. Put new batteries in but was getting a lot of interference as well. Might have just been me with a full moon day.....!!!!

Comment

For some reason computer monitors will mess with your locates. The computer running is ok, but the monitor needs to be turned off if working in the proximity of them.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
          I was having a hard time with a locate on ci pipe where it changes from pvc to CI. Put new batteries in but was getting a lot of interference as well.
          PVC allows the transmitter's signal to pass through more easily than CI. If the transmitter is right at the junction you may very well see an asymmetrical signal - "interference". Move the camera away from the junction and your readings should clear up; if the line isn't too deep you only need to move the sonde a foot or so.

Comment

depth is approx. 1660mm. What a ***** this one is.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
              depth is approx. 1660mm. What a ***** this one is.
              If you prefer feet/inches to metric you can change that in the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by irguy View Post
                If you prefer feet/inches to metric you can change that in the menu.
                I was referring to the job at hand, not the set-up. This is one ***** of a job but what a challenge.

Comment

Working...
                X