X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermal imaging cameras

Anyone have first hand knowledge with thermal imaging cameras to know If the specs on this new milwaukee camera is anything worth while?

Thermal Imaging | Milwaukee Tool

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: thermal imaging cameras

thermal imaging cameras are quite expensive and unless you are doing a lot of industrial panel work they may not suit your needs very well
    using them requires a lot of practice at interpreting the image
    infrared imaging will show a drastic change in the image for a small amount of temp change.
    and something that is showing up as hot may actually be within normal operating temps.

knowing the specs of what you are imaging beforehand will help prevent needlessly replacing components that are actually good
    shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      Anyone have first hand knowledge with thermal imaging cameras to know If the specs on this new milwaukee camera is anything worth while?

Rick.

I have experience with night vision applications. Many of the qualities of night vision also apply to thermal imaging:

- get the most expensive one you can afford - inexpensive usually means the earlier generation/model
      - get the one with the largest viewing window
      - get the one with the highest resolution on the viewing window
      - get the one with the most options - plan for the future

If you will be using it to find hot water or warm pipes then the max temp of 662F is more than sufficient. The switch for thermal to non-thermal is a nice feature. Considering some of the other manufacturer's items run to the $10,000 range I'd think that $2500 for this one, with the features and software, is not a bad deal.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

Rick.
        Don't know much about the Milwaukee but I know it works better than the Ridgid one.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I wonder if that is just a FLIR camera made for the Milwaukee folks.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
          X