Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seesanake does not show distance (ft) while doing inspection, help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seesanake does not show distance (ft) while doing inspection, help!

I have a seesnake 200. I need to do a video inspection and send it to the city but the seesnake is not detecting distance. Not sure what the problem is, I can input the job address, time but FT (feet) will always stay in 0.
    A few days before the video inspection, seesnake was not detecting the line locator. I took it to the service center and they told me there was nothing wrong with it. Took it home did the inspection it did detect but now the lenght still zero even after 47 ft.

Help please, should I take it to the service center again? They take a long time to check the equipment

Re: Seesanake does not show distance (ft) while doing inspection, help!

There are a few fuses in the count r plus. Also I believe there is an ir system that monitors the movement of the reel.

You really need to take it in for proper service.

In the mean time, colored electrical tape every 10 feet will get you up and running. Just need to do a voice over on the recording.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by pefrain View Post
      I have a seesnake 200. I need to do a video inspection and send it to the city but the seesnake is not detecting distance.

If your keypad has 3 buttons (CountIR), then the problem will be with the electronics in the unit.

If the keypad has 9 buttons (Count+) then it could simply be that one of the magnets in the black magnet carrier fell out. The fuses have nothing to do with it.
      Last edited by irguy; 04-02-2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

I took it to the repair center... Now they are telling me the light is not working. THis is the 2nd time I took it to the repair center. First time, nothing wrong was found. Clearly, there was something wrong...
        I have to pay $1100 cuz the warranty won't cover due to normal wear????? I only had it for 2 years amd the seesnake looks in good shape and I might have used it 3 times per month.

Comment

I wouldn't rely on the counter on them as they are not accurate.

Comment

The counter plus is very accurate. The algorithms they use for the reel rotation and remaining cable is dead on. Believe me, I tested a few earlier prototypes and the final run counter plus came out 99% accurate. I also have my cable color taped as a backup and those marks are spot on with the electronic overlay marks.

If your reel was shortened, reterminated, then you would be off if you didn't reprogram your counter for the new cable length.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by TxDrainster View Post
              I wouldn't rely on the counter on them as they are not accurate.

Your counter is not working as it should ?

I find that mine are extremely close. Even if they are not dead on + or - some inches or a foot is good enough for me. Seriously how close do you need to be ???

Comment

Working...
              X