X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SeeSnake light just went out?

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot it. I connected the monitor to my other snake and the light works on that one. Is the voltage on all monitors going to the lights in the snake the same?
    Could I have burned the lights by connecting the wrong monitor?
    (They are both about 8-10 years old)

Thanks

Re: My SeeSnake light just went out?

Which monitors & reels are you using ?

Comment

Originally posted by bikonator View Post
      Does anyone know how to troubleshoot it. I connected the monitor to my other snake and the light works on that one. Is the voltage on all monitors going to the lights in the snake the same?
      Could I have burned the lights by connecting the wrong monitor?
      (They are both about 8-10 years old)

Thanks
      Voltage is the same, I am missing what you are saying, if you connect the seesnake to another monitor and it works then the seesnake is fine, the test procedure is as follows, you take the camera head off the spring and push it onto the monitor if the camera works then you either have a bad interconnect cord from the seesnake or you have damaged the push cable.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

The SeeSnake Compact (1.5") worked just fine until I plugged it into another monitor that I am normally using for my other seesnake (2"). At that point the light stopped working. Once I put it back on the original monitor it would not work there either anymore. Now the light is just dead. The camera works but it's no good without the light. I hope I explained it more clearly this time. Do I have to mail it in for a repair or is this just something simple that I can fix.

Thanks

Comment

Now you need to do the test I said, ridgid sells a special wrench but I made one to hold the spring end while you very carefully unscrew the camera head. Push the camera head on to the monitor and see if it lights up, if it does you need to send the reel in for a reterm probably. If the lights still do not work then you need to send the camera in and get a rebuilt. AJ Coleman usually has them in stock and will send you one without waiting for yours to arrive.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

thank you very much for your help. As it turns out this camera does not come off. The top portion came off (the lens) and the bulbs got exposed but the portion inside the spring seams to be covered with a solid rubber on both ends. I think it might be an older model. The newer camera comes right off. Where should I mail it into other then ridgid? I could not find AJ coleman online?

Comment

Wow the lense is not suppossed to come off as they are pressure tested to make sure they are sealed. The rubber is just pushed on the end. Here is the web site for colman.
              Allan J. Coleman - Selling Ridgid Inspection, Drain Cleaning and Power Tools, Obrien Jetters and StoneAge Sewer nozzles.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by bikonator View Post
                thank you very much for your help. As it turns out this camera does not come off. The top portion came off (the lens) and the bulbs got exposed but the portion inside the spring seams to be covered with a solid rubber on both ends. I think it might be an older model. The newer camera comes right off. Where should I mail it into other then ridgid? I could not find AJ coleman online?

AGAIN, exactly which model reels & monitors are you running ????

Comment

It sounds like you have a black pushrod on a compact color. If this is the case you cannot replace the head. The only fix is a new pushrod ,transmiter and camera head. Best to buy a new reel and your monitor will work marvin

Comment

great, ha ha. Thank you.

Comment

Just so you know rod man (marvin) is AJ Coleman so if he says it that is what it is.
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

So I just found out that because it is a black and white camera the light is not visible from the snake head because it is infrared.

Thanks for all the help anyway.

Comment

All of my B/W cameras have red lights and they are visible when on.
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

So do they glow red or white when on?

Comment

Red on B/W White on color.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                              X