MicroDrain 65' Camera display not appearing in MicroExplorer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MicroDrain 65' Camera display not appearing in MicroExplorer

Hi, my MicroDrain 65ft is not showing any camera display on the MicroExplorer ca300 hand held unit-i get a black screen with the stamps at the top. The 3ft camera works fine with the MicroExplorer so the problem appears to be with the MicroDrain 65ft reel. I tried to call ridgid tech support but they appear to be closed for the weekend. The 'lock' connection on the reel is on and battery is fully charged. I don't know what else can be checked. Any Suggestions?

Re: MicroDrain 65' Camera display not appearing in MicroExplorer

Do the lights work on the camera head?

Remove the interconnect cable and check that all the pins are clean and straight
    Last edited by plumberscrack; 04-13-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

The lights do not work on the camera head. The interconnect cable and pins look fine, i did not touch the pins. The unit has been used about 10 times and I baby it. I've been going into my garage every 2 hours turning the unit on and praying the image comes up on the screen but no luck...

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Do the lights work on the camera head?

Remove the interconnect cable and check that all the pins are clean and straight

Also make sure a pin isn't stuck, make sure the large plastic bearings are installed or there will be too much play for a good connection. Carefully inspect everything and wiggle things as you go to see if there is a short/bad connection.

Comment

you didn't give the inner connect cable the "fatal twist" did you?

Comment

The last time it worked, I simply turned the camera off and it wouldn't turn it back on. The interconnect cable was not touched and the pins looked fine. I dropped it off at a service centre and will hear back by the end of the week. There was 5-6 beat up abused muddy trashy older seesnakes and my new mint microdrain waiting to be looked at. The repair guy was saying that everything is so compacted and small in the micro units and questioned their reliability. Hopefully its an easy fix and under warranty... I will post an update soon.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

An update, my local service centre determined that (1) the push cable is faulty/bad conductor (2) the slip ring nut will not pass video. They advised to ship it back to where I purchased it from and hopefully the repairs are under warranty. I bought it from Allan J Coleman and shipping it out first thing in the morning. I will keep you guys updated.
                Last edited by droptopgt; 04-30-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by droptopgt View Post
                  An update, my local service centre determined that (1) the push cable is faulty/bad conductor (2) the slip ring nut will not pass video. They advised to ship it back to where I purchased it from and hopefully the repairs are under warranty. I bought it from Allan J Coleman and shipping it out first thing in the morning. I will keep you guys updated.

Your device center does do warranty work ?

When did you purchase it ?

Comment

I live in Canada, I bought the camera from AJ Coleman, a USA company. My service centre said it needs to be repaired in the USA since it was bought in the USA...It was bought in November 2012

Comment

An update, the item was shipped directly back to Ridgid for warranty repair and has now been shipped back to me. They replaced a burnt circuit and replaced a circuit on the inside drum board. The unit works fine now.

Comment

Working...
                      X