X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See snake lt1000 laptop interface

Does any one else find the lt1000 not very user friendly difficult to set up & tough to figure out with poor instructions .

Re: See snake lt1000 laptop interface

I don't think I even read the instructions, one usb cable and the standard seesnake connection. The buttons are the same as most modern seesnake equipment. The only problems I have really had where getting the software to update and using a good dvd recorder.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

mbm, are you up and running? if no I would assume you are running into the issue where you have a black screen when you are trying to bring up the picture? This happens on some systems depending on their video settings. 99% of the time we can fix that really quick. From the main screen that lists all the jobs out you can simply go to Tools->Troubleshooting tools and run that tool. It will ask you to close the HQ window in the background then will ask you some simple questions and have you make some choices. Should take about 1 minute and fixes most problems.

If you are having a problem other than this that you feel isn't covered in the manual I would like to know so we can address the omission in future printings of the manual. Always trying to improve.

Thanks. Josh

Comment

I use the LT1000 a few times a week. I like it but I see what you are saying about the setup. I have the mobile version. I've used the standard type that mounts on the reel and didn't care for it. I can protect the mobile apparatus much easier from damage. I added a much longer and more supple USB connecter cord. The OEM one was too short a bit stiff. Mines about 10 feet long and haven't noticed a loss of video quality. The best part of the LT1000 system is keeping the recording in the upright position while filming. This makes a big difference in my opinion when reviewing with the customer that isn't used to seeing water running down a pipe upside down. Our brains are programmed to keep things upright.
        Is your problem with the HQ Software?. Some people have mentioned trouble with installing and getting proper updates to work. I recently had trouble but updating the firmware in the LT1000 fixed that. It's important that is checked on a regular basis. I don't always have access to wifi when using the camera so it get forgotten. When the HQ updates then I check that the firmware is updated as well. Trying to use the small button icon on the computer screen is cumbersome. I got used to manipulating the button on the LT1000 while filming. Another reason why I like the mobile version better. I have it right next to me when pushing the camera and not 5 feet behind me on the reel.
        It really pays to have a fast laptop when using the HQ software. It's quite a memory hog.
        Last edited by plumberscrack; 04-21-2013, 09:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

We have the LT1000 working I will have to try the picture adjustment setting that might improove the picture . We originally purchased the unit for emailing the videos to multiple people but to date we haven't been able to do this I would have expected a simple set up for this as we are plumbers not computer techs the instructions don't explain much on how to get working even the IT guy we hired to get windows 8 upgrades for the program says they could have made sending e-mail much simpler to use so for now we find ourselves still recording to flash drive or DVD as we were before we upgraded to this unit .

Comment

Emailing video is difficult as you're limited to x amout of mb of data.

I found that emailing the hq reports with photos and subtitles were great. The customer got the email and the photos and could respond in a matter of minutes. The video can be uploaded to ridgid connect or youtube. Or postal, mailed with a dvd or usb.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              I use the LT1000 a few times a week. I like it but I see what you are saying about the setup. I have the mobile version. I've used the standard type that mounts on the reel and didn't care for it. I can protect the mobile apparatus much easier from damage. I added a much longer and more supple USB connecter cord. The OEM one was too short a bit stiff. Mines about 10 feet long and haven't noticed a loss of video quality. The best part of the LT1000 system is keeping the recording in the upright position while filming. This makes a big difference in my opinion when reviewing with the customer that isn't used to seeing water running down a pipe upside down. Our brains are programmed to keep things upright.
              Is your problem with the HQ Software?. Some people have mentioned trouble with installing and getting proper updates to work. I recently had trouble but updating the firmware in the LT1000 fixed that. It's important that is checked on a regular basis. I don't always have access to wifi when using the camera so it get forgotten. When the HQ updates then I check that the firmware is updated as well. Trying to use the small button icon on the computer screen is cumbersome. I got used to manipulating the button on the LT1000 while filming. Another reason why I like the mobile version better. I have it right next to me when pushing the camera and not 5 feet behind me on the reel.
              It really pays to have a fast laptop when using the HQ software. It's quite a memory hog.

How does the LT1000 always keep the video in the upright position ?

I'm still missing the image flip on my CS-10

Comment

Now that several forums have been deleted/merged (it seems some posts were also lost) where is the best place to get informed on software updates for monitors and such ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  How does the LT1000 always keep the video in the upright position ?

I'm still missing the image flip on my CS-10
                  The Control Pad Keys can rotate the image so UP is always UP. That's when it's nice to have a another guy with you to manipulate the control pad while the other is pulling the camera back but it's easy enough to do it alone. One hand pulling the other working the keypad. I only record when pulling back. Gives the best image and you're not jamming the push rod in and out to get past a 90.

If you are using the HQ Software there is a menu tab to update your firmware on the CS10, CS1000 and LT1000.

It's under Tools>>>Device Manager>>>CS10

There'a also an device called: SEESNAKE MAX Cm6. There's a small picture of it but I've never heard of this thing or seen anything like it. If anyone knows what it is I'd love to hear about it.

Comment

Thats funny I saw that new interface also Max CM-6 so I searched for it and it is the new interface that can come with the new seesnakes, couldn't find much info, I read the new manual about it on the new seesnakes.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

The Control Pad Keys can rotate the image so UP is always UP. That's when it's nice to have a another guy with you to manipulate the control pad while the other is pulling the camera back but it's easy enough to do it alone. One hand pulling the other working the keypad. I only record when pulling back. Gives the best image and you're not jamming the push rod in and out to get past a 90.

If you are using the HQ Software there is a menu tab to update your firmware on the CS10, CS1000 and LT1000.

It's under Tools>>>Device Manager>>>CS10

There'a also an device called: SEESNAKE MAX Cm6. There's a small picture of it but I've never heard of this thing or seen anything like it. If anyone knows what it is I'd love to hear about it.

Pretty much the same thing as what the image flip key does/did ? You have to frequently adjust it ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                        Pretty much the same thing as what the image flip key does/did ? You have to frequently adjust it ?
                        You can rotate the image in small incraments left or right. It also has your deleted flip key

Comment

You can rotate the image in small incraments left or right. It also has your deleted flip key

Rub it in why don't ya.....

Comment

Hmmm... CM6.... I guess a glimpse into the near future ;-)

Comment

*tries to bribe Josh* Use drain cleaning pro's want to know.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                              X