X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeeSnake

I'm looking to upgrade my Sewer Camera. As far as SeeSnakes what do I need to be looking at? I'm wanting a camera for mainline inspection 3", 4", 6" mostly. What Models do y'all recomend. What monitors do I need, anyone using the LT1000?
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Re: SeeSnake

The SeeSnake Plus is the units I prefer. I always liked the full sized systems over the smaller ones for doing 3" lines and up. As for a monitors, it depends on what you are looking for. If you just want recording ability right on the spot with out bells and whistles the Cs10 is the way to go. If you want to be able to make a report on the job and not use a laptop then the CS1000 is the right choice. But if you rather document stuff to a laptop, then be able to burn a dvd with the video and report or e-mail a report right away, or put it to a thumb drive, then the LT1000 is a great choice.

The down fall of the CS10 is you only record direct to a thumb drive, and from what I heard you have to use a laptop to make a copy, or shoot the line a second time. The CS1000 is a bit pricey, but it stores your jobs in the monitor, and lets you put the data on a thumb drive for the customer on the spot, while you still have it in the monitor. The LT1000 gives you the storage, and a few right on the spot alternatives on how to get the report to your customer, but if you are using a basic laptop, you don't want to be using it with dirty grimy hands, you might want to look into a Toughbook.

Now for portability the DVDPak2 is a great choice, I never used one, but I can see the advantage of something small like that, an burning to a dvd since everyone has a dvd player, not everyone has a computer. There are some aftermarket monitors like the GVision. They make a bullet proof daylight viewable screen. These guys took one of their units outside and repeatedly thrown it in the air and let it hit the hard pavement and it kept working. They have made some interesting products, their latest lets you record directly to an IoS device. Last time I checked their prices, they were pretty up there.

Personally I really like the CS1000
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I also recommend the Seesnake plus, the mini Seesnake plus would be my second choice. Not sure where the rm200 fits in ???

I had 3 brand new in the box Seesnake plus reels last year that could have been had for $4500.00.

Comment

How much internal memory does the CS1000 have ?

Comment

Dad gum. CS10 is 4k and CS1000 is 5.5K. Someone is proud of there stuff......
          Will Rogers Plumbing
          Moore, Oklahoma
          (
          405) 323-2852

Comment

I'm really considering this unit also:

MyTana Mfg. : Inspection Equipment : The "Professional" System

I just don't want to end up wasting my money again like I did with VU-Rite
            Will Rogers Plumbing
            Moore, Oklahoma
            (
            405) 323-2852

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post

I bought my CS-10 off eBay in like new condition for $2300.00. Last week one brand new in the box sold for $3300.00 I think.

Comment

I'm really considering this unit also:

MyTana Mfg. : Inspection Equipment : The "Professional" System

I just don't want to end up wasting my money again like I did with VU-Rite

A Mytana unit would be my 2nd choice.

Comment

Being best in class comes with a premium.

Comment

Will if you buy the Seesnake fullsize you will never look back. As for a monitor I like the dvd pack it is light, basically weatherproof, and tough. But since I know you like to pay cash if you buy right now there is a guy I have bought from on ebay that has a real nice cs1000 for $3200 buy it now that I have been looking at.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

This is my setup. It covers everything I come across and Im able to make professional reports or just a quick video. I dont camera much 6" but our shop has a full size seesnake if needed.

MicroDrain paired with the MicroExplorer
                      MicroReel that I can use the Explorer or any SeeSnake monitor
                      LT1000m and a $350 laptop that can produce and burn DVD's or send email reports using the Ridgid HQ Software.
                      This setup I believe is the least expensive way to cover any size drain we typically come across.

Comment

I have a mini seesnake with the toolcase monitor. For recording the Sony recorder works outstanding for burning dvd's. The farthest I've had to push with it was 195' (200' reel...whew). Went through 5 bends in 4" clay and hit a dip at 160 and couldn't go farther. Taped the duct rodder to it and was able to go to 190'. Pushrod is also a big consideration, not just the monitor. I think the only reason to buy a mini is if you're going to use it on 2" and space. If you're going in 3" and bigger....have the space, full size is the way to go.

I would think used seesnake equipment wouldn't be bad. I bought my stuff used about 7 years ago and has never let me down. Maybe checking with Marvin and see if he has some rebuilt stuff?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                          This is my setup. It covers everything I come across and Im able to make professional reports or just a quick video. I dont camera much 6" but our shop has a full size seesnake if needed.

MicroDrain paired with the MicroExplorer
                          MicroReel that I can use the Explorer or any SeeSnake monitor
                          LT1000m and a $350 laptop that can produce and burn DVD's or send email reports using the Ridgid HQ Software.
                          This setup I believe is the least expensive way to cover any size drain we typically come across.

You have no need for anything over 100' ?

I've had jobs where my microreel wouldn't push out, had to bring in the plus. I've also had one (funky bend) where my miscroreel out pushed the plus because of the smaller head.

Comment

I'd be worried to by second hand cameras. I don't mind buying sewer machine, as I can fix any brand out there, but camera i'd have to send off for repairs. Be worried to buy online used with out seeing it in person. Deffently would need the bigger camera. I do a lot more sewer inspections than building drains.
                            Will Rogers Plumbing
                            Moore, Oklahoma
                            (
                            405) 323-2852

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                              You have no need for anything over 100' ?

I've had jobs where my microreel wouldn't push out, had to bring in the plus. I've also had one (funky bend) where my miscroreel out pushed the plus because of the smaller head.
                              Most residential sewers here are less than 75' total to the main. The majority of the city mains are in the front yards on both sides of the street. Only the wider main roads are they in the middle of the street. I don't care about sewers outside the house because DC Water is responsible from there out.
                              With commercial applications, the Microreel can get me into multiple access points to camera the whole sewer. Even then, rarely need over 100' reel. The Microreel does 90% of the workload but occasionaly the Plus is needed because of the number of bends.

Comment

Working...
                              X