X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor question

Does the type of monitor affect the brightness of the LEDs on the camera? For example, would a minipak be equal in brightness as a CS10?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Monitor question

The explorer battery monitor will not fully power the leds of a seesnake.

But I would think that a battery powered monitor would be enough for the leds.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I would think that the mini pak with the AC adapter cord would provide full power for the transmitter and be just as bright in the big Plus reel as it is in the compact reel that it is sold with. not sure how bright the plus reel would be with just the 18V battery , but I think that asstyme was considering getting a mini pak before he got the cs10. I am curious about this as well. I have a B/W plus reel with the old CRT VCR monitor that I was considering getting rid of if i could find a used B/W mini pak. I already have a CA300 with the interconnect cable for digital recording and I like that setup. Maybe josh can clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
        I would think that the mini pak with the AC adapter cord would provide full power for the transmitter and be just as bright in the big Plus reel as it is in the compact reel that it is sold with. not sure how bright the plus reel would be with just the 18V battery , but I think that asstyme was considering getting a mini pak before he got the cs10. I am curious about this as well. I have a B/W plus reel with the old CRT VCR monitor that I was considering getting rid of if i could find a used B/W mini pak. I already have a CA300 with the interconnect cable for digital recording and I like that setup. Maybe josh can clarify?

I have both monitors and can tell no difference.

The counter/count plus does not work with the interconnect cable. When powering my microreel with a full sized monitor (with or without my CA-300) I loose the footage counter
        Last edited by AssTyme; 06-03-2013, 04:38 PM.

Comment

I have the 12volt black and white tackle box monitor and it powers the fullsize seesnake the same as any modern monitor set up.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Do the old mini pak b/w monitors have a "video out" that I could use my ca 300 to record the video with using the interconnect cable

Comment

Yes the old units have video out but they do not have audio out so it's video only. I hook my micro explorer up all the time for still shots.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Also the video out jack is just an RCA jack.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Thanks cuda. I use my ca300 (new version of micro explorer) for digital recording now, but my old VCR monitor is too clunky. The mini pak seems like it will be a nice Compramise for me. the cs10 is out of my budget for the time being. I'm going to be on the lookout for a used compact reel. I've had a need for a smaller camera head on a few jobs recently.

Comment

Working...
                  X