X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color compact acting up

my color compact seesnake is acting up again. it acts up on battery (charged and good) & the power adapter. after anywhere from a few minutes to less than 30 seconds the monitor goes black, the leds go out and the icon in the upper left corner flashes like the battery/power supply is low. I have to power down, wait a few minutes and power back up. the back section of the monitor appears to be very warm. not just sitting in the sun warm but warmer. not what I would call hot but very warm. this happens in shade, indoors, outdoors, etc.

i'm assuming this is a thermal problem but I don't know where to begin troubleshooting. slip ring? bad connection? where? monitor?

i'm in desperate need of some help as I need the camera for a large locate job. and help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: color compact acting up

I tried some trouble shooting this morning. fully charged battery. powered up the camera. everything came up as expected. 90 seconds later the lights go out, picture goes black, & the SOS flashing starts. I power down and wait about 30 seconds and power up again. no lights, no video just the same SOS pattern. waited about 20 minutes and repeated the same process. same results. about 90 seconds of operation and shut down again.

I unplugged the cable from the monitor. powered up and the SOS pattern began almost immediately. I timed it at 4-6 seconds. with the camera unplugged from the monitor I have raster until I power down and the screen goes totally black. with the camera plugged in when everything goes dark (except for the SOS) there is no change in raster. it's just as black powered up (after failure) as it is when I power down.

39 views and not 1 response.
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Sounds like an overheated power supply board. I doubt its a self fix issue.

Sounds like you'll have to send it in to a service center or back directly to ridgid for repair.

Of course I'm airplane ready to help bail you out. My dvd pac has seen the inside of a carry on overhead.

Hows the weather there?

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I knew Rick would come through with some insight. I was assuming either PS or a protective circuit. I just want to know the issue is with the monitor before I send the wrong part off for service work.

i'll probably just order a new monitor and send the old one back for service. I have a couple of big jobs on the schedule that will pay for over half the cost of another monitor. besides i'd have a hard time getting you into the refinery for the locates

currently it's 83, mostly sunny, ESE around 10-15k. pretty much typical.

thanks for the info and offer

Comment

i've worked in secure areas where you needed a passport and background check to get in. if i told you, i'd have to kill you

can be there in a week.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

lol!!

i'm going to order the MiniPak monitor. I can have it here by Tuesday and be ready to rock & roll on Thursday. you'll find the job very boring. locating and securing the retrieval chains on pumps for several hydrocarbon recovery wells. the stainless security cables were of inferior quality and most have failed, allowing the chains to fall onto the pumps. when the pump is lifted the chains get caught and bind on the well casing. my job is to use the camera so the operator can catch the chains and pull the pump from the well. boring but it does pay good enough for me to justify a new monitor at this time.

you guys want to come down for a visit i'll show you STX as it should be seen.

Comment

Sounds similar to when ive broken my pipe bursting chain and it sprung in 20'+ all tangled. Needed the camera and snake to hook the last link only. I was a pro after 3 times

Still trying for a roundup downunder or the vi.

Wait till you meet phoebe. You won't let her come back.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X