Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FREE Self Leveling RM200 head

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    It all depends. If you are working primarily in 6" I would probably go one step up to the standard. The RM200 matches the capabilities of the Mini pretty closely apart from it being able to navigate tight turns easier. The smaller head really does come in handy on a lot of applications.
    Thanks Josh
    I have had difficulty getting my plus B/W camera to go down from 4" CI closet bends, especially on underground (basement baths). I know that I probably need 2 reels to be able to do everything. Most lines I camera are 6" clay all the way or 4" Cast Iron inside for 5-20', then transitioning into 6" clay for 50'-100'+. In a lot of the older homes I often come across san tees on their back when there are multiple stacks and getting the plus camera through those can be rough sometimes. I have used the old mini reel in the past and found it rather difficult to push out much past 85' in 6" clay (6" clay all the way). I have heard others say that the slicker pushrod on the new RM200 makes it easier to push out. If that is true, then the RM200 probably would be my next purchase. Space on my truck is at a premium. It would be really nice to not have to lug that plus reel around all the time!

Comment

Closet bends are always a bummer as in most cases you have a 4x3" bend followed by a heel outlet and then a comby. Lots of bends in a close configuration. Any other location to gain access to the main?

Did a 115' run today first 38' was 4" abs horizontal then 38'-78' on a 45 downhill. Then 6" clay from 80' to 93' at saddle then 8" clay 93' in the city main to 115'. No issues at all pushing. Sometimes the downhill prevents you from pushing much horizontal. But in this case, it was a simple push after the downhill.

Could have pushed further, but when I hit the neighbors lateral, I stopped.

Very impressed so far

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

A pal version of the rm200 sl is almost done so aus will have it soon.

The rm200 may perform better than the mini in 6" clay. It all depends on the situation. It is definitely superior in its ability to navigate tough turns.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
          Thanks Josh
          I have had difficulty getting my plus B/W camera to go down from 4" CI closet bends, especially on underground (basement baths).
          Have you tried the string trick to navigate the head down?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Josh is the ridgid rep. Him being here as totally different then any other tool company. Knowing that he can help out is why I keep buying ridgid plumbing tools.

Gear we are not blind downunder, just envious that Josh doesn't travel...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are so lucky

Comment

Have you tried the string trick to navigate the head down?
              Yes, works about 25% of the time for me. The compact I have rented makes it through CI closet bends pretty easy. The bends I see are nearly all 4" CI short pattern old-school closet bends that dump into either san tees (stack vented) or one of many old-school CI multi-tap fittings. All have very little sweep

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                A pal version of the rm200 sl is almost done so aus will have it soon.

The rm200 may perform better than the mini in 6" clay. It all depends on the situation. It is definitely superior in its ability to navigate tough turns.
                Only downside of the Aussie version is that we will be paying 2x++++ to what you guys over there pay. We literally get put over the bench and drilled. I would love to be the Aussie version of Plumber Rick but I just don't have that much petty cash to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                  Only downside of the Aussie version is that we will be paying 2x++++ to what you guys over there pay. We literally get put over the bench and drilled. I would love to be the Aussie version of Plumber Rick but I just don't have that much petty cash to do so.
                  Thats what`s always pissed me off the price of Ridgid tools compared with what they pay in the US even with their taxes and charges on their Ridgid tools in the US even when our dollar is on par with theirs you cannot tell me the shipping costs are that great when there not shipping one sewer machine at a time but containers full of them and our GST is only 10% where Ridgid Australia a subsidurary of Ridgid US is ripping us off here in Australia there is no other word for it.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                    Thats what`s always pissed me off the price of Ridgid tools compared with what they pay in the US even with their taxes and charges on their Ridgid tools in the US even when our dollar is on par with theirs you cannot tell me the shipping costs are that great when there not shipping one sewer machine at a time but containers full of them and our GST is only 10% where Ridgid Australia a subsidurary of Ridgid US is ripping us off here in Australia there is no other word for it.

Tony
                    Tony, are you suggesting that Ridgid Australia are not looking after the true professionals downunder that support their product..........shame shame shame...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Mind you Tony, if they don't ream us this hard how do they pay for useless Reps to exist. I say again and again and again, get rid of the useless reps who actually do nothing and sell at a reasonable price. If we had someone of Josh's caliber down here who actually knows more about Ridgid than the company itself it would be a different story.

How does useless Rep justify the extortionist price we pay, "if you want the best you have to pay". So how is it that our brothers in the US pay so little and own so much??????
                    Is it because there is a total different attitude and professional outlook towards the guys that support them and allow them to exist.

Ridgid Australia, it is a two-way street. We want your gear but you need us to buy it. Think about it. Rothenburger have a different attitude and their gear is starting to get up to your quality too.

Comment

why can't you Australians just call AJ Coleman and have them ship it to you?
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Tony, are you suggesting that Ridgid Australia are not looking after the true professionals downunder that support their product..........shame shame shame...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Mind you Tony, if they don't ream us this hard how do they pay for useless Reps to exist. I say again and again and again, get rid of the useless reps who actually do nothing and sell at a reasonable price. If we had someone of Josh's caliber down here who actually knows more about Ridgid than the company itself it would be a different story.

How does useless Rep justify the extortionist price we pay, "if you want the best you have to pay". So how is it that our brothers in the US pay so little and own so much??????
                        Is it because there is a total different attitude and professional outlook towards the guys that support them and allow them to exist.

Ridgid Australia, it is a two-way street. We want your gear but you need us to buy it. Think about it. Rothenburger have a different attitude and their gear is starting to get up to your quality too.
                        Gee if i was you I would calm down and have a joint or two as you seem to have a fixation with one particular Ridgid rep who must have done you wrong I`m just glad they don`t allow assault rifles in Australia

Tony
                        Last edited by AFM; 06-16-2013, 03:39 AM.

Comment

why can't you Australians just call AJ Coleman and have them ship it to you?
                          Thanks Gear, got a number and name by any chance?????????????

I think they might get a smack but if they "grey market" though...........................!!!!
                          Seriously we don't have all of the toys because we have to be conservative with our cash.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                            Gee if i was you I would calm down and have a joint or two as you seem to have a fixation with one particular Ridgid rep who must have done you wrong I`m just glad they don`t allow assault rifles in Australia

Tony
                            Got any spare weed Tony??????????????????
                            Now since when have you been a fan of you know who and the other bloke who is supposed to know everything about fixing Ridgid gear too?????????????????/ - you know who I am talking about.
                            You know damn well he doesn't earn his keep and is probably half the reason Ridgid Australia have the reputation they have - don't take my word for it ask the suppliers

Comment

Thanks Gear, got a number and name by any chance?????????????

I think they might get a smack but if they "grey market" though...........................!!!!
                              Seriously we don't have all of the toys because we have to be conservative with our cash.
                              Allan J. Coleman - Selling Ridgid Inspection, Drain Cleaning and Power Tools, Obrien Jetters and StoneAge Sewer nozzles. Ask for Marvin, Kirk or Shane is who you want to talk to.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X