X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD pak video out!

Do the DVD pak 2 units have any kind of video outpujack like the mini pak? If so is it RCA? Wondering if it is possible to use a CA 300 to record to an SD card off of the DVD pak signal? I'd like to have the option of DVD or SD card and I like the small size of the DVD pak and the rugged design. Thanks for any input guys
    Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 06-09-2013, 02:57 AM.

Re: DVD pak video out!

Nobody?

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
      Nobody?

Download the manual to see ?

Comment

Thanks. Duh. I should've thought of that. Looks like there is RCA (video only) Input, but composite (audio and video) out. So to use the digital adapter with the CA-300 I would have to get some kind of additional adapter. Methinks the minipak would be the easier and quicker long term solution. Dvd's are on the way out. SD cards should be standard for quite awhile. Anybody got a color mini pak they want to unload?
        Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 06-09-2013, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            thanks. I didn't see the link until I hit reply with quote. one more wire....meh. I will be on the lookout for either the DvdPak or MiniPak......we shall see. I have to take my B/W plus reel to Coleman next week for a reterm......who knows what I may come away with.

Comment

Josh sent me a little 1/4' adapter that made it work with my explorer for video but not audio. I forget what the exact dongle name was but I use it to take still shots with.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

You guys don't know how gifted you are to have Josh and the "REAL RIDGID TEAM" in your own backyard. There is absolutely no way known we would have such a service as this from our guys. See what I have been saying for many years, Ridgid don't need reps because they only bring down the Brand Name through their lack of knowledge in the products. We do all of the hard work before buying. Wish I had seen this video though prior to my last purchase. But then again I am still a happy camper downunder.

Comment

Swade, PM me your address and I will dig up one of the adapters and send it to you.

Comment

Thanks for offering Josh. No need though. I haven't purchased the monitor...yet. I was doing a comparison on the LCDpak, MiniPak and DvdPak units and noticed this oddity on the DvdPak. I am still using my old B/W VCR monitor. It's pretty banged up but still fires up just fine and the VCR does still work. I am completely satisfied with my CA300 and digital adapter though. I actually hand it to the customer so that they can look at that rather than over my shoulder. Makes them feel involved. And the digital recordings are great. Audio is over rated. Seriously. A decent video with still of the problem spots are all I need for reports.

Comment

Working...
                    X