Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rm 200 review

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
    How is the camera in 4" and 6"?
    works great from my typical 2'', 3'' and 4'' cleanout to the 4x6'' transition and into the 6'' pipe to city saddle. my typical 6'' run is 30' or less. but i might have 75-100' of 4'' leading up to the 6'' lateral. with centering guides the camera easily pushes and stays above the water. great lighting and great self leveling feature.

i've only used my ss mini 1 time since getting the rm 200.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

What is the size of the pushrod? YOu think you could push it over a 100' in 4" or 6"?
      Will Rogers Plumbing
      Moore, Oklahoma
      (
      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

What is the size of the pushrod? YOu think you could push it over a 100' in 4" or 6"?
        i believe it's the same size as the seesnake mini. has the exact same fiberglass innercore, but it's a new style push rod that lays straight. it doesn't zig and zag when rolled out.

i've easily pushed out over 100' when needed. but as we all know it also depends on pipe material. changes of direction, vertical drops to horizontal, offsets and point of entry.

side by side, the rm 200 out pushes my mini.

how much 6'' do you run into? for my residential lines, it's typically about 30' of 6'' and anywhere from 50' -180' of 4'' prior to the 6'' lateral.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

is see phoebe already has her first tat. But why is it a snake? Shouldn't it be the RIDGID logo or a K-60 ??

Last edited by Bob D.; 07-12-2013, 11:53 AM.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i believe it's the same size as the seesnake mini. has the exact same fiberglass innercore, but it's a new style push rod that lays straight. it doesn't zig and zag when rolled out.

i've easily pushed out over 100' when needed. but as we all know it also depends on pipe material. changes of direction, vertical drops to horizontal, offsets and point of entry.

side by side, the rm 200 out pushes my mini.

how much 6'' do you run into? for my residential lines, it's typically about 30' of 6'' and anywhere from 50' -180' of 4'' prior to the 6'' lateral.

rick.
            The older homes here in OKC 1910-1950's pretty much all have 6" clay or 6" concrete. They can be anywhere from about 60'-120' on average. They are 6" from the building drain stub out(4" cast most of the time) and go from there to the city sewer at 6". The other homes I work on in Moore and Norman (part of the OKC metro) are newer homes built in the 1960's, 70's, and 80's and they have 4" or 3", most of the time thin wall PVC or orangeburg. They are about the same in length.
            Will Rogers Plumbing
            Moore, Oklahoma
            (
            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

The older homes here in OKC 1910-1950's pretty much all have 6" clay or 6" concrete. They can be anywhere from about 60'-120' on average. They are 6" from the building drain stub out(4" cast most of the time) and go from there to the city sewer at 6". The other homes I work on in Moore and Norman (part of the OKC metro) are newer homes built in the 1960's, 70's, and 80's and they have 4" or 3", most of the time thin wall PVC or orangeburg. They are about the same in length.
              I also am curious about how the new RM200 will do in a sewer that is ALL 6" clay. My big reel struggles at the hubs in old clay when I am out 80'+. I am skeptical at how the rm200 would do. My gut says that you need a big reel Will.

Comment

had another large run today with multiple changes of directions. started with 3'' no hub for the first 7' and into 4'' no hub to 65' and continued to 97' with 4'' clay and multiple root clogs. probably 720 degrees of total offsets. no problem pushing and always upright. even pushing through the 90% root clogs. this job was for another plumber and he was impressed with the clarity, always up display and ease of push.

so was the customer who has me scheduled for jetting next week with a follow up camera inspection.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

So Josh when do we get to see this new one downunder and how reamed out are we going to get by RIDGID AUSTRALIA for the privilege. As said by more than just me here if we could expect fair pricing we would all look at compete with the "MAN", Plumber Rick.

Comment

Has anyone in the States seen the new IPEK Agilios pan & tilt push rod camera and the Solo Pro 360 pan and tilt. Camera heads are pretty large but the benefits should be out of this world.

http://www.seca.com.au/push-cameras

Comment

looks like a nice unit and monitor/ recorder. problem is a push camera with a 3'' diameter head is limited to 4'' pipe and larger. limits it's use in the residential market.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick couldn't agree quicker. Pity it is so large, what an advantage it would give to us to get such vision. I suppose it is prudent to understand the technology that is already squeezed into such a small package and what it delivers even after being shoved around by us big burly blokes. As I say, nice to be able to dream sometimes...................!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice flashlight Rick , is that a surefire ? Surefire is how I roll.

Comment

No its a feit electric from costco. 2 for 29.00. Includes batteries and will blind you with the different settings and strobes. So far so good.

Rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Impressed my plumbing contractor yesterday who hires me for camera and jetting work. He needed all the underground slab piping camered and only owns a full size seesnake. This was a massive ranch style house that the main alone in the house ran 114' from 1 side to approximately 1/2 way then 105' to the other end. Fortunatly with a slab there were plenty of cleanouts, but i only needed 3 and actually used 2 for the inspection and the 3rd outside reverse for jetting.

The picture with my dvdpak was bright and clear, the video was always self level and the locations were dead on. Another nice feature is since the rotating reel is contained inside of the outer drum, it doesn't have any hang up issues while operating sitting on the dirt or a construction site.

The camera easily pushed downstream and while jetting I was able to easily push 150' upstream in abs pipe.

Now this plumber wants to upgrade his camera to a rm200. And has been inquiring about a trailer jetter. I guess he does enough construction work that he wants to do it himself. Over the years I've probably done dozens of inspections and jettings for him.

Seems like everytime I impress another contractor with my toys, they go out and buy them too. 1 of them even bought my trailer jetter a few years back. Even with propress, this contractor and another one who's hired me in the past, went out and purchased their own. Maybe I need to stop showing off my toys. Or maybe I'm the kid on the block with all the new toys. It's only time before the other kids want my toys too

Rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Where'd you purchase your RM200?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X