Rm 200 review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rm 200 review

Thanks Rick. Shoot me a PM or send me a email or message on facebook if your on it. I have a full size camera allready, it's a POS, but I'll manage if if I need to. I'm hoping the RM200 would do "most of my sewer inspections" but it would also give me the options to camera out 2" lines which have never been a option for me in the past.

Right now Ridgid is offering a free Scout with the purchase of the a RM200 or Seesnake mini, or it could be my local suppier(Central Oklahoma Winnelson). There is about a 800-1000 dollor price difference bwtween the RM200 and the 200' Mini, so I feel with the self levaling head, newer head and push rod the RM200 would be the better buy. Getting a Scout is a bonus, I'd probably just sell it as I have a Prototek LF2200.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

I have both. You end up with both.

When it's affordable for each person's situation.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        Not so quick.

I haven't pulled my full size seesnake out of my truck in over a year. My micro drain and micro reel also sits idle.

While I only run about a 30-40' run in 6" pipe. That's just because the lateral is typically only 6" from the sidewalk out to the middle of the street. but yes, it will push much farther in 6" if needed.

With a 1" diameter head and a short body, the self leveling color camera has been my go to camera for the last few months. Even before the rm200, my seesnake mini was my go to camera. It just that the rm200 has several more advantages than my mini now.

I would seriously get a demo on a 6" line and put it heads up against the full size seesnake. Just make sure you have a full set of centering guides so that the 1" head is off the bottom of the pipe.

Sure in the past when I was doing a lot of storm drains in long runs with large bore pipe, I would use my full size seesnake, but now the vast majority of my work is in lines from 2"- 6". I get the occasional 1.5", but not as much as 2".

Get a demo before you decide against what I feel is the best all around camera out there. 3 months ago that went to the seesnake mini, now it goes to the rm200. It's the k-60 of cameras.

Rick.

You never inspect any toilets ? The rm200 will push around an old 1 1/2" 90 & go out long distances on a 6" line ? If you want to cover all bases you need at least 2 reels. The rm200 is a tweener reel, it MIGHT be the best all around reel but most likely fades on the large & small lines.

I guess it all comes down to how complete you want to be as a drain cleaner. Myself doing only drains I need to have everything covered as I do not like walking away because I lack a piece of equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
          I have both. You end up with both.

When it's affordable for each person's situation.

Both ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            Both ?
            Oh, sorry. I have a fullsize and a microreel.

That covers almost all my bases.

Comment

For me the RM200 makes the most since, I just need to figure out what monitor to get.
              Will Rogers Plumbing
              Moore, Oklahoma
              (
              405) 323-2852

Comment

You never inspect any toilets ? The rm200 will push around an old 1 1/2" 90 & go out long distances on a 6" line ? If you want to cover all bases you need at least 2 reels. The rm200 is a tweener reel, it MIGHT be the best all around reel but most likely fades on the large & small lines.

I guess it all comes down to how complete you want to be as a drain cleaner. Myself doing only drains I need to have everything covered as I do not like walking away because I lack a piece of equipment.
                Lets see, I have over 12 cameras with 6 of them In the truck, not including the the 2 micro explorer cameras. So I woukd say I'm more covered than anyone.

Between my micro drain, micro reel, mini, rm200, and fullsize seesnake all in the truck, plus a 1 of a kind camera and 2 micro explorers, anything else is in my shop including my jetter camera head for larger lines and further distances.

I don't run cameras into toilets that often as my customers don't abuse their fixtures. I seldom work in public restrooms anymore.

I even have a camera dedicated to water lines only. Heck I even have a camera for fishing.

Rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Lets see, I have over 12 cameras with 6 of them In the truck, not including the the 2 micro explorer cameras. So I woukd say I'm more covered than anyone.

Between my micro drain, micro reel, mini, rm200, and fullsize seesnake all in the truck, plus a 1 of a kind camera and 2 micro explorers, anything else is in my shop including my jetter camera head for larger lines and further distances.

I don't run cameras into toilets that often as my customers don't abuse their fixtures. I seldom work in public restrooms anymore.

I even have a camera dedicated to water lines only. Heck I even have a camera for fishing.

Rick.

OK............. I never said that you were not covered

Just seems strange that you haven't used your full sized reel in over a year, also your microdrain & microreel sit idle. Hollywood must really be a niche area or you must not do much drain cleaning ???

Comment

OK............. I never said that you were not covered

Just seems strange that you haven't used your full sized reel in over a year, also your microdrain & microreel sit idle. Hollywood must really be a niche area or you must not do much drain cleaning ???
                    Lets see, drain cleaning makes up about 75% of my work. I do it for my customers, and other plumbers, plumbing contractors, general contractors, and even utility companies. So yes, drain cleaning is a huge part of my business. It also makes up a huge part of my tool and equipment expense, including 2 trailers used for jetting and pipe bursting only.

What I don't do is run a camera into every drain I clean. It's a waste of time and a waste of the customers money. Unless there is a track record or a unique situation, a camera doesn't even get suggested.

Just in the 3 months I've had the rm200, the reel odometer has registered about 2 miles of push out. That doesn't account for pull back or all the use when I don't wind in the cable between jettings or cleanings. So I would say it's probably got closer to 5 miles of use inside of pipes.

The smaller micro reel and micro drain don't get used that much because the rm200 can do everything but a toilet and pvc pressure pipe 90s. My ss mini once did 200' in 2" pvc with 45's, pool filter line serving a remote koi pond. Toilets are hit and miss even with a micro drain. Traps I avoid as they are usually non runnable. 1.5" pipe and fittings are no problem with both my mini and rm200.

So in reality, unless you plan on doing hit and miss toilets, hit and miss traps or pool piping with 90s, the rm200 will get everything else.

Rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Lets see, drain cleaning makes up about 75% of my work. I do it for my customers, and other plumbers, plumbing contractors, general contractors, and even utility companies. So yes, drain cleaning is a huge part of my business. It also makes up a huge part of my tool and equipment expense, including 2 trailers used for jetting and pipe bursting only.

What I don't do is run a camera into every drain I clean. It's a waste of time and a waste of the customers money. Unless there is a track record or a unique situation, a camera doesn't even get suggested.

Just in the 3 months I've had the rm200, the reel odometer has registered about 2 miles of push out. That doesn't account for pull back or all the use when I don't wind in the cable between jettings or cleanings. So I would say it's probably got closer to 5 miles of use inside of pipes.

The smaller micro reel and micro drain don't get used that much because the rm200 can do everything but a toilet and pvc pressure pipe 90s. My ss mini once did 200' in 2" pvc with 45's, pool filter line serving a remote koi pond. Toilets are hit and miss even with a micro drain. Traps I avoid as they are usually non runnable. 1.5" pipe and fittings are no problem with both my mini and rm200.

So in reality, unless you plan on doing hit and miss toilets, hit and miss traps or pool piping with 90s, the rm200 will get everything else.

Rick.

Sounds too good to be true but if what you say is fact about the rm200 it sounds like there could be one in my future as I could unload my plus & microdrain.

There was a guy several months back on the other forum that requested a demo on the plus & rm200 at the same time on the same line. He went with the plus. It was either a 4" or 6" line can't remember.
                      Last edited by AssTyme; 08-26-2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

The RM200 sounds like a no brainer. I'll probably end up getting the SS plus also, but that will be at a later date. If the RM200 can do what Rick says, then it sounds like the best "all around" camera out there.
                        Will Rogers Plumbing
                        Moore, Oklahoma
                        (
                        405) 323-2852

Comment

OK let's ask some real questions about this.
                          1: Is the transport cart worth $500
                          2: Is it heavy to carry without the cart?
                          Right now without the cart I can get the base unit for $5700 And besides the cart it looks the same except they speak of a docking station and I do not want to bite myself and order it and the transport later for a cost of I dunno $1200?
                          I need another reterm so I might just buy one of these because reterms take weeks here.
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                            OK let's ask some real questions about this.
                            1: Is the transport cart worth $500
                            2: Is it heavy to carry without the cart?
                            Right now without the cart I can get the base unit for $5700 And besides the cart it looks the same except they speak of a docking station and I do not want to bite myself and order it and the transport later for a cost of I dunno $1200?
                            I need another reterm so I might just buy one of these because reterms take weeks here.
                            #1, you defiantly don't need to spend $500 on the transport cart right now. I really don't use it. only phoebe has and she just turned 3 a couple days ago.

#2 not heavy at all.

there is a nice little parts box and a spray can holder built in with the handle and wheels. might be for the future docking station? but at this point, I wouldn't spend the $500 on the wheels and handle.

if you already have a seesnake mini, then this will be a substantial upgrade to the best camera out there. like I said, the small self leveling camera is amazing and the fact that the case will allow you to set up anywhere without rubbing on the reel is a big bonus. no more cable blow outs while retrieving the last 20' of cable and no more dragging from the drum rubbing the ground.

the footage counter from the counter plus is dead on.

unless you need a 325' camera or do real hard pushes in large pipe, the mini has already been good for me since I got my first one of 2 around 2001 now the rm200 is even that much better for me.

just like there are people that knock the k-60, there are the majority that love the k-60. the rm200 is a k-60+

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

#1, you defiantly don't need to spend $500 on the transport cart right now. I really don't use it. only phoebe has and she just turned 3 a couple days ago.

no more cable blow outs while retrieving the last 20' of cable and no more dragging from the drum rubbing the ground.

rick.
                              Now that is funny! Phoebe is the only one that uses it lmao. I saw her in the picture with it but thought you where using it too.

Now we could start a complete new thread on the push rod blow outs near the end of coming back.
                              For years I thought it was just me it happened to and was always going to post a thread but never did. Then I bought new frame guides and it still happened so I thought it must happen to everyone and was just this topic nobody ever talked about.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Rick.
                                Rick

How do you keep track of the "odometer"????????????????????? Do you have a log for the distance on every job or do you have a secret weapon we don't know about

Comment

Working...
                                X