Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rm 200 review

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
    I also am curious about how the new RM200 will do in a sewer that is ALL 6" clay. My big reel struggles at the hubs in old clay when I am out 80'+. I am skeptical at how the rm200 would do. My gut says that you need a big reel Will.
    Rick: Any chance you could post a couple of screen shots or even better a video of the RM200 in 6" clay pipe? Seeing how well the camera illuminates in 6" clay and/or cast iron would be really helpful for me, and others I'm sure. Thanks! Also, what size guide balls are you using? Have you tried it on any 1.5" or 2" lines?
    Thanks,
    Chris

Comment

I certinally can. I've been using the new digital cs6 monitor with great results and editing with the hq software on my computer.
      I'll get it done later on my laptop instead of my tablet.

I find by emailing an hq report it's easier than a video as most like the pictures, but don't spend the time on a video.

1.5-2" all the time. It's perfect for small bore pipe.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I shot this yesterday for another plumber. it's an emailable hq report pdf. as you can see, I eliminated lots of private info of the customer and myself. the video portion can be uploaded to youtube or ridgid connect too.

lets see if I can link my report now?

rick.

looks good. open the attached file and it will show photos of the pipe inspection. on this one I couldn't get past the 55' mark even with a 1'' camera head. the original plumber is going to cut out the section and replace it.

pretty sure I could easily jet out the line and make it to the main at the 100-120' mark.

I've pushed out the camera all 200' in the past. i'll look for some other reports that show the 6'' line.

all of the video was captured using the cs6 monitor with a usb memory stick. it's very conservative on memory even with full video and still shots. even super conservative using autolog. no ac power, all on a battery pack.

I feel the cs6 gives you the most bang for the buck.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-09-2013, 08:33 PM.
        phoebe it is

Comment

thought you might like this report as it shows a before and after of a cast, to clay with sewer cipp liner. plenty of roots coated the pipe and entered from the 2 locations where they inserted the liner and added a cleanout. owner can't remember when the liner was installed.

the line plugged up over the weekend and I couldn't get there. so he hired a local guy to snake it. then he called me to come out today/ Tuesday to camera and snake. so you can see the before and after.

keep in mind this starts off as a 4'' line for the first 20' downstream and then goes to 6'' after the 20' mark to 68' city main. jetting would clean it 100%, but snaking made it all good except for the 2 spots where the liner starts and stops at 20' on 4'' and 26' on 6'' pipe.

the reverse is all 4'' to the 25' mark end of line comby.

I purposely kept out the owners and my details. otherwise it would show an aerial gps view and personal info.

need to post the pdf I emailed to him as an hq report filmed with the rm200 and cs6 monitor. a win win combination.

rick.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 01-08-2014, 12:08 AM. Reason: attachment of hq report.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Wow rick that's a good looking report. So you snaked that huh...no jetter? Any idea how old the liner is? Can you pipe burst through a liner?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I originally just went there to camera the line. as you can see from the before and after, it was snaked just 3 days prior by others. my 4'' cutter knocked out all but the transition of the 6''. no idea how old the liner is. he thinks it's only a few years old, but he's owned the property for 15 years. jetting would cut out the last of the roots, but could destroy the bad liner too.

pipe bursting would break the liner out. the 6'' looks good, its the first 20' that's bad.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Are you guys feeding the tree roots steroids or what????????????????????

Good job Rick though.

Comment

Plumber Rick. Is the rm200 capable of inspecting 2" kitchen lines with 90s? I currently own a full size seesnake self leveling for mainlines and a b/w compact for small lines. I use my dvdpak2 for both. Im interested in something that handle 2"-6". Maybe even 1 1/2" w/o too many turns.

Comment

Originally posted by northstar View Post
                    Plumber Rick. Is the rm200 capable of inspecting 2" kitchen lines with 90s? I currently own a full size seesnake self leveling for mainlines and a b/w compact for small lines. I use my dvdpak2 for both. Im interested in something that handle 2"-6". Maybe even 1 1/2" w/o too many turns.

yes it is. the new camera head is amazing. it's 1'' diameter and self leveling. truly a work of art. in the 8 plus months I've had it, its all ive used for everything from 1.5'' - 6'' pipe. added the cs6 monitor and I have the best of the best combo.

just finished an hq sewer report from todays job. tomorrow is another 1 for a 4-6'' main.

between all the cameras and monitors I have access to, the rm200 and cs6 is the keeper.

they make good, better and great. but right now, this is my greatest go to camera and monitor I have in my arsenal.

welcome to the forum.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks rick. Ive been seriously thinking of selling both reels I own to buy the rm200. I didnt know If id be able to inspect 1 1/2" lines with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X