X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rm 200 review

been holding off on reviewing the new rm 200 seesnake camera until i had at least a dozen jobs under the belt. so now that i do, it's time to review

what's amazing is the smaller color self leveling head. simply amazing picture and clarity with my dvd pak. the push rod is slick and doesn't scuff as easily as my mini seesnake cable. it also pushes easily into the line and manages the turns with ease. works like a charm up to 6'' pipe.

today i had a 3'' line with a combination of abs for the first 17', then 1920's cast to 56'. 4'' clay 56'- 77' and 6'' clay 77' to 105' at the city main. didn't require any water to push the camera the entire way. just amazing.

the case is a larger version of the micro drain/ micro reel. plus mine has wheels. although it's light enough to carry as needed.

had phoebe helping me on this job and she was able to operate the camera and push the line into the drain with ease. but remember she has skills

so far with 12 jobs, all 12 were successful in pushing out and making my day.

rick.
    Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Re: Rm 200 review

I am thinking of getting one but to make sure I have the right mindset on these, they are really a replacement for the mini right? I mean it looks about that size of push cable and it looks like on long runs on real hard pushes my fullsize is still going to have a job. the 2nd thing is I had problems with my micro drain push cable and I would hate to have a rm200 do the same waving thing in a year or two they cost too much. Thanks Rick!
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Rick (or Ridgid) can you take a picture of the same footage, with the same monitor of the rm200 and the mini so we can see the difference?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It's designed as a mini replacement. But my gut feeling is that the full size seesnake will eventually have the same pushrod and camera.

The ease of todays 105' push without running water was amazing. Between the 45's and 90's it was a breeze.

The pushrod stays straight and has a slick nick free surface.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
          I am thinking of getting one but to make sure I have the right mindset on these, they are really a replacement for the mini right? I mean it looks about that size of push cable and it looks like on long runs on real hard pushes my fullsize is still going to have a job. the 2nd thing is I had problems with my micro drain push cable and I would hate to have a rm200 do the same waving thing in a year or two they cost too much. Thanks Rick!

Problems ?

Comment

My unit was a very early unit and the cable developed waves in it the first 15 feet kind of like a extension cord does it also got stiff and not flexible. Again it was one of the first ones sold and I used it a lot I believe there is a newer push cable that came in the later units.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Cuda, I had the same problem with my first gen MicroDrain. I made a comment about it here and Josh had it replaced for me. I haven't had any issues with the new push rod.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
                Cuda, I had the same problem with my first gen MicroDrain. I made a comment about it here and Josh had it replaced for me. I haven't had any issues with the new push rod.
                That's why I will always stay with Ridgid, quality tools and service.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                  That's why I will always stay with Ridgid, quality tools and service.
                  Can someone adopt me to over there pllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss ssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee................!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Josh Rocks and Ridgid should appreciate him.

Comment

3 more inspections under the belt yesterday with the rm 300 and phoebe helping too

35 unit townhome complex with 3 known units with issues.

pushed the camera into 3 different c/o in their garages and marked the lines with the scout. 2 can be lined and 1 needs digging. this solves the mystery of a 5 year old record.

bringing phoebe has 2 affects. the owners are fascinated with her and are calmed when they hear the bad news. plus i now have 3 new baby sitters that would work for free

not to mention phoebe loves helping me moving my camera gear from unit to unit.

rick.

the rm 300 easily rolls from garage to garage with phoebe in command.

now you see her, now you don't. it's like a horse going back to the stables after a ride. she knows we're packing up for the day.

but not before we haul in the dvd pac and scout too.

phoebe had a long day between the 8:30 am garbage truck open house, camera inspections and fire works show last night, she managed to get a 2 hour nap in between while i went out on 1 more stoppage call. even had to refer an emergency out last night during the show.

another inspection schdueled for tomorrow, but phoebe will be at school.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-30-2013, 11:32 AM.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I really believe the best part of owning your own business is the fact you can bring your kids. I love having my son ride with me.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

So todays inspection went great. I did what another plumber last week couldn't. I got my camera pushed in all the way to the
                        city saddle with multiple bends. And also to the guest house 85' away where the other guy couldn't do due to all the turns.

Home owner is a movie editior and was very impressed witth my camera equipment. So were the 4 city sewer dept guys that came out to see me jet. The plumber last week couldn't even get his trailer jetter through the roots.

So I impressed the home owner with a before and after video, located a hidden cleanout and cleaned out every last root in the 115' cast and clay line via a 3" co into a 4"and 6" main.

Then the other plumber called me to hire me instead of his other guy he's been using for camera and jetting work.

A win win for all.

Rick.
                        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 07-01-2013, 09:42 PM.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Another neat feature that isn't obvious at first, but is when you're working in a landscaped surrounding. With my traditional mini and full size seesnakes, I have to make sure the drum is free and clear to rotate. Easily done when working on flat ground , concrete, roofs, but not easy when working around planters, dirt, shrubbery.

With the rm 200, the outer drum doesn't spin. So anywhere I setup my reel, the inner drum will still freely rotate and not drag on the surrounding area. Makes a big difference in where you setup now. Pretty much anywhere including hanging off a tree branch

Rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Another 1 in the bag today.

Snaked out the main about 6 years ago that my buddy couldn't clear. I used my 1.25" cable and at the time my general 88, identical to the eel. Took a couple hours back then. Came back over 2 years ago and hit it with the same cable and my timberwolf.

Today I was there as a preventative. Not really knowing the sewer line that good, I decided to camera it as the owner was not home and I didn't really want to jet with no one home and flood the place. That was a good choice as I pushed my rm 200 into the 4" abs line to 24' at the 6" clay connection under the sidewalk. Managed to only push 2' into the jungle of roots.

Tried my 1/2" warthog 4000 psi 18gpm nozzle and strugglrd to get 2' into the roots from 24-26'. Time to break out my forward rotor and tear through the roots and into the city main. Camered it to see what I was Ieft with. Turns oit the 6" from 24' to 43' at the saddle in the street was a ficus root jungle. Fortunately with my camera and jetter, I was able to document and destroy all 24' of the 6" ficus roots.

Not bad, the line is ready and prepped for a 6" liner. Made a before, progress and final dvd of the line for the owner and will be talking with them when they come back in town.

Rm 200, dvd pak and trailer jetter with proper nozzles made this next to impossible line all clean under 2 hours

And they have the tape to prove it.

With over $60, 000 in equipment used to go from plugged to spottless with no damage to the landscaping or street.

Rick.
                            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 07-05-2013, 09:43 PM.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

How is the camera in 4" and 6"?
                              Will Rogers Plumbing
                              Moore, Oklahoma
                              (
                              405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                              http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Working...
                              X