X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just want to be sure

Rotted or buildup. Has been passed through twice with jetter.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Just want to be sure

1 thing is for sure. You need better lighting

What size pipe?

Is this pipe underground or above ground?

Still looks pretty gunky.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      1 thing is for sure. You need better lighting

What size pipe?

Is this pipe underground or above ground?

Still looks pretty gunky.

Rick.
      It's under the finished basement slab. So, are you saying that you don't see a rotted out drain? It looks, at one point, like I'm in a canyon.
      It's 4 '' cast. As far as the lighting, I don't remember if I turned up the brightness. It's a Microdrain w/ the CA-300. Does the job but I'm still getting used to it.

Comment

Typically with a small camera, it would get stuck in a rotted out bottom.

I still see lots of scale buildup on the bottom sidewalls. It could just be an illusion with the scale peeling off. Normally if you allow the line to drain and still see pooling water, then its a good chance it's rotted and is exposed to the earth.

Just based on the video under those conditions, it's hard to make the call 1 way or another.

More jetting and brighter lighting would answer the question. Do you have a full power monitor, power supply?

Rick
        phoebe it is

Comment

Would it help if I plugged it in instead of using battery? Does that make it brighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber26 View Post
            Would it help if I plugged it in instead of using battery? Does that make it brighter?

Plugging it in will only help if your battery is nearing the end. On the micrDrain a full sized monitor does little to no good. You should see my microReel (with countplus option) in 4" cast running from my CA-300 I always have to run it from a full sized monitor in anything other than white colored pipe.

It's hard to say but if I had to guess one way or another I would say the line is just full of loose scale/sludge.
            Last edited by AssTyme; 06-29-2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Black pipe absorbs light. It's the joints and defects that standout. White pvc works great as it reflects light.

Sometimes running water in black abs will get a better view and reflection. But battery power from micro explorer, ca 300 will not produce near as much power and light as a full size monitor. Just not enough voltage and watthours.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Need to jet and clean out to see the true condition of the pipe walls. To quote you "Funny how every person here has said "rotted" and on the other forum said "sludge/scale". Maybe you should add on PZ that you're using a microdrain on a 4" line?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  Black pipe absorbs light. It's the joints and defects that standout. White pvc works great as it reflects light.

Sometimes running water in black abs will get a better view and reflection. But battery power from micro explorer, ca 300 will not produce near as much power and light as a full size monitor. Just not enough voltage and watthours.

Rick.

True but the extra power doesn't seem to add much light to the microdrain. I haven't noticed much difference but then again I don't use it much on 4" cast lines. Only for quick & short peeks when I'm too lazy to change the reel.
                  Last edited by AssTyme; 06-30-2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X